"A pilgrimage place...." Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré by Laura_Mexico
Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 61 photos
This site will be very small because my very short visit to this place was part of a day trip/tour I joined which took me to the surroundings of Quebec city and which included several locations.
The main - or rather only - attraction in this town is the big Basilica dedicated to St. Anne (virgin Mary's mother) and which many pilgrims visit every year. It was even visited by Pope Jean Paul II during one of his visits to Canada and for this reason they set an altar dedicated to him inside the church right after his death. The church was destroyed by a fire many years ago but has been rebuilt successfully and is very beautiful indeed.
A short drive away from the church there is a Chocolate shop which is very popular and which I also included in this page. You can get a nice view (on a clear day, that is) of Quebec city only a few steps away from the shop, and it's a nice stop on a cold day as you can buy some hot chocolate and remain within the warm room for a while while you stroll the place admiring the lovely chocolates they sell there, or you can also buy an ice cream during the summer. That's about all there is to see or do around here, but it's a nice part of the tour so you can see a bit more of what eastern Canada has to offer besides the lovely town of Quebec (which you can tour fairly quickly as it's quite small) and be in contact with nature.
This is an impressive church built pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The town itself is really small, it has not... more travel advice
Laura_Mexico's Related Pages
Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basilica of St Anne- Pilgrimage Site"
- "Shrine to the mother of Virgin Mary"
- "A Pilgrimage to Ste-Anne-de-Beaupre"
- "Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré Quebec"
- "A pilgrimage place...."
- "Under Construction"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 102 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morelia Intro, 35 reviews, 46 photos
- New York City Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Turku Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Montreal Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue