Barcelona Favorite Tips by Laura_Mexico
Barcelona Favorites: 653 reviews and 693 photos
The magnificent fountain of the park
Favorite thing: This is me and my friend Bruno in front of the main (beautiful) fountain of the Parc de la Ciutadella, a big and lovely park located near downtown (towards the southeast of town, close to Villa Olimpica) and next to the zoo park. You can stroll, row in the lake or just lie down on the grass, it's a great place to rest and relax when the weather is good!
** Under Construction!!! **
The Bullfighting Arena
** Under Construction!!! **
The Modern Art Museum of Barcelona
Favorite thing: This is currently a Modern Art museum located in an old government palace, in Mont Juic (a hill/mountain located in the west side of the city).
Fondest memory: The building is beautiful as you can see, and the long avenue that leads to it has a couple of "Venetian Towers" on both sides of the entrance, which makes you think you're entering a royal palace... There are electric stairs that climb the mountain so you don't get so tired while going uphill! And there are some beautiful fountains located around the avenue leading to the palace and some more right in front of it, too... Please look at the tip called "The Magic Fountain of Mont Juic" posted in the Off the beaten path section for a more detailed description.
The Rambla in Barcelona
Favorite thing: I'm not putting this in the "Must See Activities" section because, wanting it or not, you WILL see it: The Rambla! You will walk through and/or across this famous pedestrian avenue at some point of your stay in Barcelona, as it starts almost in front of the sea (the Old Port) and it takes you right to the heart of the town: Plaza Catalunya. From here you can reach nearly all of the most important spots in Barcelona very easily without having to take the metro or the bus.
The Rambla is surrounded by souvenir shops, restaurants, banks, a big market, and you can see pretty unusual things and people right on it... There's also a great place for ice cream called DINO in front of the Rambla -- I highly recommend it. And, when buying souvenirs around here, BARGAIN! The owners are usually Arabs and they will drop the price of mostly anything just to make you buy something... so show some interest but not too much, and they will try to make a deal with you. Just be careful and check the quality of the stuff, but you can find rather good things here.
More Reviews (19)
- See All Beautiful gothic church
- "Go to Spain.... I think it's very near"
- Good basic hostel in Barri Gotic
- See All Great pastries and sandwiches
Laura_Mexico's Related Pages
Barcelona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Barcelona es bona..."
- "Seamandrew's Barcelona Page"
- "Truly Catalunya, Truly Spain"
- "Barcelona,one of the most beautiful Spanish cities"
- "Addictive Barcelona"
- "BCN, a mediterranean capital"
- "Gaudi is Not the Only Site in the City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barcelona
- Hotels in Barcelona
- Transportation in Barcelona
- Nightlife in Barcelona
- Restaurants in Barcelona
- Shopping in Barcelona
- Warnings and Dangers in Barcelona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barcelona
- 24 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Barcelona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barcelona
Photos in BarcelonaSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 102 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morelia Intro, 35 reviews, 46 photos
- New York City Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Turku Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Montreal Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sagrada Familia- 440 Reviews, 922 Photos
- Las Ramblas- 221 Reviews, 351 Photos
- Parc Guell- 318 Reviews, 659 Photos
- Casa Milà - La Pedrera- 183 Reviews, 352 Photos
- Montjuic- 83 Reviews, 179 Photos
- Tibidabo- 56 Reviews, 108 Photos
- Casa Batlló- 120 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Plaça Reial- 58 Reviews, 102 Photos
- Cathedral La Seu- 136 Reviews, 264 Photos
- Monument a Colon - Columbus Monument- 90 Reviews, 156 Photos
See All Barcelona Things to Do