Rome Things to Do Tips by Laura_Mexico
Rome Things to Do: 5,521 reviews and 10,617 photos
The Roman Pantheon
This is the Pantheon, where the last king of Italy and the builder of the Italian republic are buried. The building itself is very old and impressive, and it has NO ceiling at the very top of the cupola because -- according to what a Roman friend told me -- there was a mistake in the plans and, when they were about to finish building the cupola, they realized that the whole ceiling would crumble down due to its weight if they actually built the last part (the very top) of it. So they had to leave it like that - with a big hole on the top!
At the main (Quattro Fiumi) fountain
I liked this square a lot since my first visit to Rome. It's full of little restaurants that surround it, street performers, and it's overlooked by very nice buildings. It has 3 great fountains within the square's limits and a big nice church (Sta. Maria in Agone) on one of its sides. There are also a few ice cream parlors and souvenir shops around and close to the piazza. Very nice place to stroll for a while, have an ice cream, have lunch/dinner, etc. (of course the restaurants here are very expensive, keep that in mind).
You can walk from there to the Pantheon, and from there to the Spanish Steps, Fontana di Trevi, etc..... there are signalings along the way (and in case of need, follow the crowd! You will eventually get to those places, they're not far).
Ruins of the Terme (mosaics vestiges on the floor)
Directions: Southwest of Rome, you can take a bus from Sta. Maria Maggiore or Termini and you will be there in 15 mins. or so.
View of the church from behind (via Cavour)
After climbing the Spanish Steps...
This is the view you'll have from the top of the Spanish Steps, right in front of Trinita dei Monti... Right in front of this square you can see Via dei Condotti, where the designer shops are located (in case you want to make some VERY expensive shopping). And the Mexican Flag is the first one you can see of all of the flags that are hanging above the street :)
Piazza di Spagna
This is Piazza di Spagna, also known as the "Spanish Steps", which is one of the most popular places in Rome to meet people or just stroll, eat (there are several restaurants around this area) and shop.
Here you can see the steps with the church of Trinita dei Monti on top....
The very top of St. Angelo
This is the view you will have of the very top of the castle from the roof... it's really impressive.
The main altar in San Pietro
Here's the main altar of the San Pietro church, which is impressive and beautiful!
San Pietro Basilica
You definitely have to visit all of the most important monuments and museums in Rome, but this is probably one of the most famous and visited: the Basilica de San Pietro in Vatican City... Just make sure you have a "proper" outfit or otherwise you won't be allowed to go inside... and it's really worth it (and I'm not catholic)!! You can see the beautiful church and also visit the former popes' graves, including Saint Peter's!
Fontana di Trevi & me!
I prefer the picture of the Fontana di Trevi that I have at the beginning of my Rome page, but I must also say that I loved the job my friend Kalle did by taking this wonderful picture of me in front of the fountain.... Don't forget to go there and throw your coins!!
More Reviews (33)
- See All Santa Maria in Trastevere
- See All Wonderful coffee
- See All Bed & Breakfast on a great location
- See All Drivers.....
Laura_Mexico's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "weekends in Rome"
- "La Città Dei Sette Colli"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 50 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 38 Forum posts
- 82 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (54)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mexico City Intro, 103 reviews, 111 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Morelia Intro, 35 reviews, 46 photos
- New York City Intro, 43 reviews, 37 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 24 reviews, 31 photos
- Boston Intro, 29 reviews, 20 photos
- Turku Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos
- Montreal Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
- Piazza Venezia - Vittoriano- 189 Reviews, 313 Photos
- Colosseum- 494 Reviews, 927 Photos
- Trevi Fountain - Fontana di Trevi- 341 Reviews, 563 Photos
- Roman Forum- 244 Reviews, 469 Photos
- Castel Sant'Angelo- 146 Reviews, 285 Photos
- Spanish Steps - Piazza di Spagna- 304 Reviews, 477 Photos
- Piazza Navona- 171 Reviews, 290 Photos
- Piazza Campo de' Fiori- 65 Reviews, 115 Photos
- Villa Borghese- 76 Reviews, 144 Photos
- Pantheon- 270 Reviews, 556 Photos
See All Rome Things to Do