"Buddha Capital" Bangkok by schurman23
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,402 reviews and 23,175 photos
Astounding pure golden statue of Buddha inside Wat Traimit, just a short walk from our hotel in Chinatown District. Entrance fee is 40 baht straight to the Golden Buddha. If you want to see the exhibits at the 2nd and 3rd you pay 120 baht.
Gigantic statue of the reclining Buddha inside the Wat Po temple. To get here take the ferry to Tha Thien port and just walk straight outside the long line of market vendors outside the port. Dont mind those people telling you that the temples are closed for any reason at all. Entrance fee is 50 Baht and you can walk around the temple grounds for a nice view of the many smaller temples and hundreds of Buddha images lined up along corridors.
Inside you'll see the emerald Buddha, which I believe is made of pure emerald coz its green. This Buddha is located inside the Grand Palace complex just beside the Wat Po hence you can walk 15 minutes after you visit Wat Po or alternatively you can go straight to Grand Palace by taking the ferry and disembarking at the Tha Chang pier. Taking pictures inside are not allowed which explains my cover picture. Entrance fee to the Grand Palace complex is 400 baht. You can go around other smaller and colorful temples and enjoy the architectural wonder. Th Grand Palace is just around the corner but we were not able to go inside since there's a funeral service for a royal family inside.
- Pros:Nice colorful temples, an interesting contrast to the ancient Angkor Temples..
- Cons:Be ready with your sun block as it gets too hot during midday.
- In a nutshell:Interesting sights.
When travelling I usually bring just a few dollars and all the rest are in peso currency which I exchange to the... more travel advice
Located in front of Wat Suthat this swing is not for playing but actually this one is a religious structure in Bangkok... more travel advice
schurman23's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 12 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (35)
Top 5 Pages
- Angkor Wat Intro, 19 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malaysia Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sagada Intro, 14 reviews, 45 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 10 reviews, 42 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 35 photos