"The Burren" Burren by sian80

Burren Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 123 photos

Beauty and the Burren

If you have never visited the wonders of the west coast of Ireland and the grey stone landscape that is known as the Burren then you should!
Ireland itself is a mysterious land full of every landscape you could imagine, I myself have only covered a tiny part of it but every bit has touched me in an amazing and different way.
My "local" while I am in Ireland is a small harbour town on the coast called Ballyvaughan. I've been travelling back and forth seeing family for as long as I can remember and I guess you could say it's my second home. :)
This may be me being biased but it is a lovely and welcoming place you can make a base for yourself on your travels through the mid-west coast of Ireland. There is all kinds of accomodation locally from cheap shared rooms to 5 star hotels to a vast array of self catering accomodation, a few of which I have experienced myself and have no complaints.
It is also on the main route to the the colourful city of Galway and coastal roads of Black Head to Doolin and on to the Cliffs of Moher (a highly popular tourist destination which is not quite the same as my first visit there...check out later chapters for photos and more details)

• Last visit to Burren: Jul 2010
  • Intro Written Mar 25, 2012

Comments

sian80 Visits Here Frequently!

sian80

“Laughter is the best medicine and an excellent alternative to a trip to the gym! ”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.