Buenos Aires Warnings Or Dangers Tips by DPando
Buenos Aires Warnings and Dangers: 184 reviews and 96 photos
Thats is one of the most dangerous places to cross freely and unconcerned any street
Its just a preferences game .. you must know that, pedestrians are on the bottom meanwhile "colectivos" (buses), trucks and cars are on the highest positions once you have to adventure to cross the street... be carefull because they dont use to stop the car letting u to cross because thousand of cars behind him will start to buzz their car horn !!!
Trains are the worst transport you find there... it is unsafe and some parts of the city extremelly risky if you are foreigner and much more if "locals" realize that !!
A lot of local histories about barbarities commited on trains.. where its so easy to be robbed
So take long-distances coaches avoiding trains
You dont realize in some parts of this world that a milion of eyes are over you.. normally you can show your ipod or your cell phone without risking it to be robbed.. Buenos Aires is other stuff.. try to hide it because this is so much money for petty thiefs and it worth to keep it for yourself .... Really my argentinians friends told me so seriously about that.. at every moment on the subway on the bus someone is looking on you !!
I was so lucky last march when i was there.. i could behold as Buenos Aires inhabitants gather together in the streets demanding justice and freedom for the new years never forgetting the Videla Coup against the democracy promoted by United States (CIA) trying to erase the left-wingers from Argentinian rule .. it were several years bowed to the yoke of fascists and capitalists and the cruel army killing their habitants !!
Argentinians are really well-known for regular demonstrations for everything .. some peacefull and others more violents...
Do you ever heard about " Piqueteros " forget all good opinion about them ..or dont look them with a kind eyes... that "rabble" are pro's in order to bombing everything they can ..yeah like mercenary wrapped up with sky mask or other stuff to dont be recognized .. their task ..buff avoid that people go to their jobs or other unpopular actions ***ing their neighbourghs... its any other job for them !!
People from everywhere assemble in Plaza de la Republica beneath the obelisc to progress through the streets and gather together with other people assemble in other points becoming a popular mass
I saw a lot of foreigners so impressed looking and shooting their cameras menawhile locals mobilize themselves from the most youngers to elder people demanding freedom and stop to the regular argentinian politics impunity
The most dangerous place in Bs As Outskirts are Las Villas .... this is the name for those unhealty villages where survuve in dirty and poor resources the people who have nothing more than a carton shack and no tap water or light are provided
These are the places with more criminality tax and never never stop your car in front of it ...doesnt mind if its brokendown ..try to get out as fast as you can because there isnt any chance to get out safe and free from there !! its real locals told me about several times ..
These Villas are in the Outskirts . for exemple the main route from Avellaneda to Quilmes there are a couple i could see from the local bus and believe it scary to anyone !! ...there are others i could see on the route to the airport from there to home in Bs As
BAR la PERLA
Be aware on LA BOCA ...specially here in Bar LA PERLA ...we sat down in the terrace to drink some beers (3). There wasnt the menu but why if we know what we want....we expected to pay 5 pesos each as max because its a tourit area...well after we drank it we order the bill and the waitress shouted 30 !! ...30 what we replied ...30 pesos she said !! it was amazing a real swindle !!! Argentinians with 30 pesos could make miracles !!!! we ask for the boss and a bully vodyguard go out from inside trying to calm down our angry...we had to pay finally but we ask to the police who said that it was an usual treat in that bar and we could go to the customer office in the city center ....obviously we did it and now an inspector will go there to see what ***ty things are doing !!
So NEVER NEVER go there ...its in a corner just in front of the harbour and closer to caminito
More Reviews (72)
- See All General view
- See All Mendoza wines
- Plaza Francia at dusk
- See All Recoleta Graveyard
- See All Information
DPando's Related Pages
Buenos Aires Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Buenos Aires, a city I really LOVE!"
- "Buenos Aires 2004"
- "Mi Buenos aires Querido..."
- "Buenos Aires the local way!"
- "My Home Away from Home"
- "BUENOS AIRES - I AM ALWAYS BACK!!!!!"
- "Buenos Aires - it's great!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Buenos Aires
- Hotels in Buenos Aires
- Transportation in Buenos Aires
- Nightlife in Buenos Aires
- Restaurants in Buenos Aires
- Shopping in Buenos Aires
- Warnings and Dangers in Buenos Aires
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Buenos Aires
- 79 Reviews
- 134 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Buenos Aires
Photos in Buenos AiresSee All Photos (134)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 108 reviews, 175 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 83 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 79 reviews, 134 photos
- Krakow Intro, 68 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ibiza Intro, 74 reviews, 78 photos
- United States of America Intro, 47 reviews, 89 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 53 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Basque Country Intro, 56 reviews, 57 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 43 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sighisoara Intro, 42 reviews, 50 photos
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- La Boca District- 104 Reviews, 208 Photos
- Recoleta Cemetery - Cementerio de la Recoleta- 98 Reviews, 235 Photos
- Plaza De Mayo- 72 Reviews, 122 Photos
- San Telmo- 83 Reviews, 120 Photos
- 9 de Julio Avenue- 48 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Recoleta Distict- 79 Reviews, 98 Photos
- Tango- 58 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Obelisco - Obelisk- 51 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Daytrip -Tigre- 18 Reviews, 29 Photos
- Teatro Colon Opera House- 56 Reviews, 75 Photos
See All Buenos Aires Things to Do