"Ramla...a charming multicultural city" Ramla by papito1981
Ramla Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 25 photos
Ramla was founded by Caliph Suleiman from the Umayyad dynasty, that built also the White Mosque, in about 716 a.C. In 789 the Pool of Arches (St. Helena El-Anzaya) was built. In 1033 a third of Ramla is destroyed by an earthquake.
Nowadays, Ramla has become an attractive residential town with immigrants from more than 50 different countries and it symbolizes a unity of all ethnic groups and religions. Jews, Arab and Christian live side-by-side maintaining lively community.
A lovely city to visit in half a day...
papito1981's Related Pages
Ramla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ramla: Under the Arches"
- "Ramla - a place off the famous beaten path"
- "Old Monuments"
- "Ramla...a charming multicultural city"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ramla
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ramla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ramla
Top 10 Pages
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Uscio Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jericho Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Parco Nazionale del Gran Paradiso Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- San Vito lo Capo Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Kilbaha Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Milan Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Krakow Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Bath Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Mango Intro, 1 review, 5 photos, 1 travelogue