"Official VirtualTourist Australian Local Chapter" The_Downunder_Mob's Profile

The Downunder Mob

We are a group of 5 Australian Ambassadors here on VT.
We would love to welcome all vt'ers to Australia.

Australia is a big country with lots to see and do. We have the best beaches in the world, there are diverse places to visit, we have a wide range of things to do and see, but no matter where you go in Australia, there is a friendly native who will welcome you.

We look forward to having you here in our wonderful country and what better way to explore and plan your trip than here on VT!

So, if you have any questions or concerns about this huge land downunder, then please email us and we would be only too glad to help you out.

Our Albums...Personal Pages

Please look at all our personal pages just beneath this introduction. You will need to see all eleven (11) of them or you will miss the 'good stuff'.

NEW....on the way a section on Aboriginal Australia

• Intro Updated Jan 15, 2013

• May 19, 2014 at 7:02 PM

I'm thinking of drivng from Ayers to Darwin with a four-day stop at Kakadu. My concern is I'm a US guy not used to driving on the opposite side, is it real difficult to drive through ALice and Darwin ? Also, I'm going in August 20. WHat vehicle do you guys recommend. My email is fpreiss@aol.com thanks. Open to suggestions!

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I have not been here for awhile..but us aussies are planning a VT meet in September 2014 so if you want to join us in Tropical Cairns then sign up on the meeting page..hope to see you.
    Cheers Dorrise

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
      Feb 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Yes it will be wonderful if some of our VT friends can make it to the Aussie Meet for 2014...Cairns is a beautiful place for a meet....

• danyelspips's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

thanks for the accepting!!

• hayley1989drink's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Hi I have been advised to check out your page. I am looking to go to Australia in Septemebr 13.
    I have my working visa, and am trying to see where is best to start? I am mainly looking for office work. I was looking at heading to sydney, but it seems pricey to stay there? Any suggestions/advice would be greatfully recieved.
    Thank you.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Well, bugger me dead! It's a great idea and a very helpful page! Thanks a bunch!

• Mar 21, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Hello! I was referred here to find out what there is to do in Sydney while I am on my study abroad trip! I was excited already, but after seeing all this, I REALLY cannot wait!

• The_Downunder_Mob's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Good to have another friend Heidi.
    Cheers Dorrise from the mob.

• swissfondue's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Hi there, its Heidi from Melbourne.

I've seen loads of beaches in many countries and agree wholeheartedly that Aussie beaches are the world's finest. No contest!!!

I would be honoured to be a friend of The_Downunder_Mob.

• Feb 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Really helpful page for visitors, I found answers to my question. But who can say to me that city is best culturally ??
    I search a city who has ancient monument ? Thank you

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2012 at 12:51 AM

great page! - love the write up on each on one of you and cool pics!...Im officially also Aussie - have an Aussie passport and travelled a lot of Queensland and NSW but Im a passport collector as have the kiwi one I started with and now been in the UK 11 years - my brother and his lovely wife and 6 kids moved to a lovely big plot of land outside Eerwah a few years ago in a few of the Downunder Mobs vicinity - so its great how the connections keep coming! All the best for 2012 to you all! x

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!