"Quaint and quiet, the real Grand Bahama." West End by Arubasun.
West End Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 11 photos
West End was the capital of Grand Bahama Island in the beginning. Today it has a little ghost town touch to it. Home to little over 3,000 people West End a fishermen's town with not much to see or to do. If you would like to experience real Grand Bahamian culture and life you should atleast spend a day there. West End is a 45 minute drive from Freeport and the Lucaya Resort area. You will find fresh konk fish from the ocean, a must try if you are in Grand Bahama as it is the typical national dish there.
Though West End is a sleepy deteriorating town, a hotel was built there 2 years ago to make a differance in that community. The resort employs about 300 people and it is not geared to mass tourism. The resort has unspoiled, uncrowded beaches. The people at the resort are very friendly and you really feel like you have escaped the hustle and bustle of tourism life.
There is no clubs or nightlife in West End. There is however a bar called 'Get Chicken' they billiard tables there and... more travel advice
Arubasun.'s Related Pages
West End Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "2002 Trip Part 11 Jumping Off Point March 10-12"
- "Quaint and quiet, the real Grand Bahama."
- See All...
- Hotels in West End
- Nightlife in West End
- Restaurants in West End
- Shopping in West End
- Warnings and Dangers in West End
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in West End
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to West End?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West End
Top 10 Pages
- Aruba Intro, 91 reviews, 143 photos, 13 travelogues
- Savannah Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jacksonville 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranjestad Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Nassau Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Indonesia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Arnhem Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Freeport City Intro, 3 reviews