"Voss" Voss by Liatris1
Voss Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 62 photos
Voss is an easy train ride from Bergen (approx. 1h 20min), or a longer train ride from Oslo. (approx. 6 hours)
Voss is an inland municipality. With its 1,805 square miles it is the largest municipality in Hordaland county. 91% of the area is mountain areas higher than 300 meters above sea level.
Vossevangen is the village town of Voss.
Voss is located in the transitional zone between coastal and inland climate. On an annual basis Vossevangen (centre of Voss) has about 1200 mm precipitation.
There are large local climatic variations in Voss. As a general rule, the western areas are dominated of coast climate, while eastern part has more the character of the interior climate.
- Pros:Nature, landscape, hiking possibilities, paragliding
Stone church from 1277. The Church has no traditional baptismal font but an angel bought in Copenhagen around 1820. It... more travel advice
Liatris1's Related Pages
Voss Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rafting Photos from Voss"
- "The adventure base"
- "Bonio's visit to Voss"
- "Extreme Sports"
- "On the way to Bergen...Voss..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Voss
- Hotels in Voss
- Transportation in Voss
- Restaurants in Voss
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Voss
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Voss?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Voss
Top 10 Pages
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Munnar Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Bijapur Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Jaisalmer Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Mandu Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos