"Jaisalmer - The Golden City" Jaisalmer by Liatris1
Jaisalmer Travel Guide: 469 reviews and 1,715 photos
The Fort and all the other buildings in Jaisalmer are made of yellow sandstone. This gives the city a special light, especially at sunrise and sunset.
The Fort looks magical at sunset!
- Pros:The Fort, yellow sandstone buildings, Thar desert
- Cons:Water shortage
- In a nutshell:Like a city from Thousand and One Nights...
Built in 1156 by the Bhati Rajput ruler Jaisal, the fort is a marvel to walk in. People still live in the fort. more travel advice
Liatris1's Related Pages
Jaisalmer Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jaisalmer - Beautiful Oasis in the Sand"
- "Jaisalmer - The Golden City"
- "The golden city"
- "Golden City of Jaisalmer"
- "Golden Desert City of Jaisalmer"
- "A Giant Glittering Desert Sandcastle"
- "Fairy Tale - Jaisalmer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jaisalmer
- Hotels in Jaisalmer
- Transportation in Jaisalmer
- Nightlife in Jaisalmer
- Restaurants in Jaisalmer
- Shopping in Jaisalmer
- Warnings and Dangers in Jaisalmer
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jaisalmer
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Jaisalmer?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jaisalmer
Top 10 Pages
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Munnar Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Bijapur Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Jaisalmer Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Mandu Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos