"Mamallapuram" Mamallapuram by Liatris1
Mamallapuram Travel Guide: 176 reviews and 681 photos
Mamallapuram is a beautiful coastal town. Famous for the rock carvings and rock/stone craft.
We where there a month after the tsunami in 2004. In Mamallapuram we noticed some of the aftermath of the tsunami. Those who where left was struggling among others things that tourism has failed. Hotel and restaurant owners were desperate and depressed, and wondering when the tourists will come back. There were some tourists there, but we saw (on the basis of all the tourist restaurants) that are usually many more. Mamallapuram has some incredibly beautiful temples, etc. carved in the mountain / large stone blocks.
- Pros:Rock carvings, rock temple, nice town
- In a nutshell:Stone and water...
Liatris1's Related Pages
Mamallapuram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mahabalipuram - World Heritage Site"
- "So many mixed feelings after the Tsunami"
- "Mamallapuram - Seashore Town"
- "Glories of Hindu Art"
- "The Shore Temple and more...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mamallapuram
- Hotels in Mamallapuram
- Transportation in Mamallapuram
- Restaurants in Mamallapuram
- Shopping in Mamallapuram
- Warnings and Dangers in Mamallapuram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mamallapuram
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Mamallapuram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mamallapuram
Top 10 Pages
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Munnar Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Bijapur Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Jaisalmer Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Mandu Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos