"Pushkar" Pushkar by Liatris1
Pushkar Travel Guide: 201 reviews and 847 photos
It was nice to get to a smaller place after cities like Agra, Jaipur and Jodhpur! Pushkar is a small holy town situated around a lake. The city is strictly vegetarian, so there does not exist (and not allowed) meat and eggs, and no alcohol.
Pushkar is sanskrit for Blue Lotus Flower.
Pushkar has many guesthoses and hotels. You will find budget rooms and medium, medium-top range hotels along the lake - main bazaar area. Some luxury resort in the area around town.
Nice walks around Pushkar. eg. Savitri Tempel on top of one of the hills.
Pushkar is a popular place to go for travellers in India, so there are many cheap tailors and shops selling incense, jewelry, clothes and books.
It's a mix of backpackers/travellers/hippies from around the world and pilgrims from around India and Asia, priests, "priests"... and camels and monkeys.
- Pros:Narrow streets, bustling street market, many guesthouses and temples, the lake.
- Cons:tourist who doesn't take care and seems like they don't know the place is special and holy for many pilgrims.
- In a nutshell:Charming holy place, with a strange mix of backpackers and pilgrims...
It's nice to stroll around in the streets of Pushkar, looking at temples, bying some clothes or souveniers and relax at... more travel advice
Liatris1's Related Pages
Pushkar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pushkar Holy Lake"
- "Pushkar - A pond created by a flower"
- "Holy Pushkar...."
- "Pushkar king of kings"
- "Pushkar - a holy Hindu pilgrimage town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pushkar
- Hotels in Pushkar
- Transportation in Pushkar
- Nightlife in Pushkar
- Restaurants in Pushkar
- Shopping in Pushkar
- Warnings and Dangers in Pushkar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pushkar
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Pushkar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pushkar
Top 10 Pages
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Munnar Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Bijapur Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Jaisalmer Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Mandu Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos