"Tirumala" Tirumala by Liatris1
Tirumala Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 16 photos
Tirumala is the world's most visited pilgrimage site!
And is the only place in India where no one laughs at Morten's (lack of) hairstyle. Here it is in fact common to sacrifice your hair to the temple, so people thought that he was a godly man (then you get respect in India...). Despite this, we were not in line for Puja (since it would take all day), but contented ourselves with looking at the temple from the outside and on the flow of pilgrims from all over India. Not only men shaved their head, it was strange to see Indian women without the usual braid down their back.
- Pros:nature, temple, many people
- Cons:many, many, many people...
- In a nutshell:A special holy pilgrimage site
Liatris1's Related Pages
Tirumala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tirumala Sri Venkateswara Temple"
- "Tirupati Balaji - Amazing Temple"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tirumala
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Tirumala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tirumala
Top 10 Pages
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Munnar Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Bijapur Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Jaisalmer Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Mandu Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos