"Varanasi/Benares" Varanasi by Liatris1
Varanasi Travel Guide: 655 reviews and 1,534 photos
Varanasi has many touts, much noise and traffic, so it was a hassle to get to a guesthouse/hotel. But, eventually, we found a guest house just 50 m from the Ghats, with rooftop restaurant. And there it was a little bit quieter, so it was easier to relax.
In Varanasi you can get that feeling of traveling in a fairytale or back in time, when you walk trough the narrow streets and a cow is in your way, as wide as the street. You walk in a odor of incense and burned cow dung and around the corner there is beautiful temple.
- Pros:Ganges, Ghats, special atmosphere,
- Cons:Poverty, caste system...
- In a nutshell:The heart of India...
I really recommend a boat trip on Ganges at sunrise. You'll see all the people doing their morning ritual in the river... more travel advice
Liatris1's Related Pages
Varanasi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kashi Banaras Benares Varanasi"
- "Varanasi - the Land of Ghats and temples"
- "Varanasi: Hindusthan's City of Light."
- "Varanasi - The City of Light"
- "Keeweechic's Varanasi"
- "Varanasi - Testament to Faith"
- "Wellcome to the holy city of Varanasi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Varanasi
- Hotels in Varanasi
- Transportation in Varanasi
- Nightlife in Varanasi
- Restaurants in Varanasi
- Shopping in Varanasi
- Warnings and Dangers in Varanasi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Varanasi
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Varanasi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Varanasi
Top 10 Pages
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Munnar Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Bijapur Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Jaisalmer Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Mandu Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos