"My travel world" Liatris1's Profile
I aim to share with you my travel experiences, thoughts and views, and other travel related topics.
I also hope to get some good inspiration from you all.
* Interrail in Europe.
* Backpacking/travelling in Asia.
* Short privat or work related trips in Europe: Amsterdam, Cobenhagen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lisbon, London, Malta, San Remo.
Backpacking Asia: 1 time Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and Nepal and 3 times in India.
Travel route 15. januar - 30-april 2001:
(Bergen - Oslo - Moscow-) New Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Pushkar - Jaisalmer - Thar Desert - Jaisalmer - Ahmedabad - Diu - Mumbai - Anjuna - Mumbai - Jalagon (Ajanta Caves) - Varanasi (- Sarnat) - Kolkata - Bangkok - Kho Samet - Bangkok (- Ayutthaya) - Chiang Mai - Chiang Rai (- Chiang Kong) - Huay Xai - Pakbeng - Luang Prabang - Nong Khai - Khon Kaen - Nong Khai - Vientiane - Lao Pako - Vientiane - Savannnaket - Da Nang - Hue - Hoi An - Nha Trang - Dalat - Ho Chi Minh City (-Novosibirsk - Moskva - Oslo - Bergen)
Travel route 15.november 2004 - 28.april 2005:
(Bergen - Oslo - Muscat -) Mumbai - Matheran - Lonavla - Pune - Bijaipur - Hampi - Margao - Anjuna - Bangalore - Mysore - Hassan(Halebid) - Mangalore - Kochi - Thrissur - Munnar - Kumily/Tekkady - Kotayam - Allapuza - Backwaters i en Kettuwallam - Varkala - Thiruvanantampuram - Madurai - Kodaikanal - Tiruchirapalli (Trichy) - Pondicherry - Mahalapuram - Chennai - Tirupati - Hyderabad - Bhubaneshwar - Puri/Konark - Kolkata - Darjeeling - New Delhi - Amritsar - McLeod Ganj - Mandi - Manali/Vashisht - Mandi - Shimla - Paonta Sahib - Rishikesh - Corbett National Park - New Delhi (- Muscat - Oslo - Bergen)
Travel route 2.oktober 2008 - 29.april 2009:
(Bergen - Frankfurt - Abu Dhabi -) New Delh - Mathura/Vrindavan - Agra - Jaipur - Jodhpur - Pushkar - Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Bundi - Kota - Mumbai - Pune -Mahabaleshwar - Chiplun - Anjuna - (Wildernest - Patnem - Dwarka) - Anjuna - Mumbai - Indore - Mandu - Indore - New Delhi - Kathmandu - Pokhara - Begnas Tal og Sarangkot - Pokhara - Kathmandu (- Abu Dhabi - Frankfurt - Bergen)
I hope I'll get the opportunity to travel much more in the years to come.
* Cambodia - went to South East Asia i 2001 without visiting Cambodia! What a shame! I want to see Angkor Wat with my own eyes.
* China - never been, but I really want to go to this great country.
* Peru - never been, but south America has always been a dream destination.
* Chile - never been, but I want to go.
* Burma - never been, but I want to go.
* India - I think I will return to this exciting country many times more.
* Nepal - After the first time in Nepal in 2009 I really want to go back.
The photos in my pages is taken by my boyfriend on our travels together.
In this picture: Down in the small, round mirror you can see my boyfriend with his camera. And of course the colourful trucks of India!
India is full of good photo opportunities: colourful fabrics and trucks, marvellous palaces and forts, pretty temples, beautiful nature, and smiling people who ask you to take photos of them with your camera! :)
My boyfriend and I like to get an early start for good photos. The best light for photo shoot is around sunrise and sunset. The first ray of sunlight that hits the hills or the fort is magical! We find the morning to be the best time for sightseeing anyway because of the temperature.
March and April 2009 in Pokhara, Nepal there was much fog and haze, and we couldn't see the Himalayas. The local told us to wait for the morning after a rainfall evening. So the morning after a rainfall we went for the Peace Pagoda at 5 am and the view of Annapurna Range (part of Himalaya) in sunrise at 5:30-6 am. So we where happy everytime it was a downpour in the evening, because we knew it was a chance that the rain got the haze down so we could see The Himalaya the next day. We did the trip to the Peace Pagoda 5 times and we had nice view of Annapurna Range in 4 of them. This is where the photo on the the top of my Homepage is taken.
It has also happened that we went for a sight in the afternoon for sunset, and realised that the light would be much better at sunrise, and went back the next morning.
What you do for a nice shot...
My way of lodging depends on the way of travelling and the destination.
And it has been a change of standard over the years.
On our first backpacker trip to Asia we stayed at budget rooms from 100-250 Rupee (ca 2-5$) in India to a 20 $ AC room i Vietnam, when we had to "cave in" for the heat!
On the next trips to India we realised that if we paid just some hundred rupees more we could really get a clean and nice double room with bathroom, and sometimes also with balcony.
When we travel in Asia for 3-7 months we usually stay at budget + to midrange- places. Family-run guesthouses is a favorite. But on occations we treat ourselves with a special accommodation. Like Dwarka and Wildernest in Goa.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 145 Reviews
- 352 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 59 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Commented on lynnehamman's profile page
- updated a Bijapur Travel Page "Bijapur"
- Posted in Travel Stavanger Forum "Re: How can you get from..."
- Liatris1 and balhannah are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nordnes, charming area in Bergen"
- Wrote a Review Nordnes, charming area in Bergen about City centre / Waterfront / Parks in Bergen Things to Do
updated their Profile Page "My travel world"
Top 10 Pages
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Agra Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Munnar Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Bijapur Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Jaisalmer Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Pokhara Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Mandu Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22471 Reviews - 55005 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3096 Reviews - 5870 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos