"weekends in Hershey" Top 5 Page for this destination Hershey by brendareed
Hershey Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 258 photos
I used to know someone that lived on Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, Pennsylvania. I always thought that was the most awesome address a person could have. Chocolate Avenue is one of the main thoroughfares through Hershey and is lined with street lamps that look like Hershey kisses, both wrapped and unwrapped.
Hershey, Pennsylvania, has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. As a little girl, a trip to Hershey Park was the highlight of my summer vacation. As a parent, I enjoyed creating similar memories with my children as they were growing up. And we often would take guests to Hershey Park, especially international students that we would host each summer.
The town of Hershey began in the 1800s with the chocolate factory. Its owner and founder, Milton Hershey, wanted to create a town where his workers could live and raise their families close to work in the middle of the open farmlands of central Pennsylvania. Why? It was close to the cows that produced the milk for the chocolate!
There is a lot to do in Hershey other than the park and the options expand each year. Not interested in the amusement park? No problem – there are museums, gardens, shopping outlets, sporting events, concerts, restaurants, a zoo, and a host of other things to spend your time and money on.
Hershey advertises that it is the sweetest place on Earth. I believe it!
What to buy in Hershey? Chocolate, of course! You can get all the current types of Hershey prepackaged chocolates as... more travel advice
Many years ago as a little girl I remember being able to tour the actual Hershey factory. Large vats of chocolate and a... more travel advice
brendareed's Related Pages
Hershey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Celebrating 100 Years of Hershey's"
- "HERSHEY PARK--A Chocolate Lover's Fantasy!"
- "Hershey Park Happy!"
- "A Town of Chocolate"
- "weekends in Hershey"
- "Chocolate Town USA"
- "Kisses from Chocolate Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hershey
- Hotels in Hershey
- Transportation in Hershey
- Nightlife in Hershey
- Restaurants in Hershey
- Shopping in Hershey
- Warnings and Dangers in Hershey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hershey
- 6 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Hershey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hershey
Photos in HersheySee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 100 reviews, 439 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 88 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 52 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 43 reviews, 196 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mainz Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alsfeld Intro, 43 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 28 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 31 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sicilia Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Latest Hershey hotel reviews
- Hershey Lodge and Convention Center
- 1298 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- White Rose Motel
- 325 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 8, 2013
- The Hotel Hershey & Spa
- 988 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- The Suites At Hershey
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Best Western Inn Hershey
- 292 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express Elizabethtown (Hershey Area)
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- Milton Motel
- 200 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013