"weekends in Westminster" Westminster by brendareed
Westminster Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 49 photos
I called Westminster home for a number of years. It is out in the country near the Pennsylvania line, just south of Gettysburg. Rural countryside with farm fields full of corn and pastures full of horses, Westminster is perfect for those who want to be in the country but not too far from the city.
Westminster is the home of McDaniel College, formerly known as Western Maryland College, and in the summertime, Westminster is home to the Baltimore Ravens, who make their training camp on the McDaniel campus.
This local community is proud of its rural heritage and still has a 4-H fair each summer as well as the longest continuously running Memorial Day parade in the nation. Each Memorial Day, residents line both sides of Main Street to watch the bands and groups march by on their way to the cemetery where there is a memorial service.
The Carroll County Farm Museum is a popular attraction in Westminster and the home of the annual Maryland Wine Festival.
In parts of Westminster there are hiking trails and cycling trails for those who want to get outdoors. For those who like to shop, there are quaint shops in downtown Westminster as well as all the big box stores on the main highway through town.
Many people drive through Westminster on their way to Gettysburg. Next time you drive by, stop in for a spell!
- Pros:slower paced country life
- Cons:away from the city and its activities
- In a nutshell:the right mix of country and city all in one
This is a wonderful historic hotel near Westminster; it is actually located in Taneytown, which is the next town west... more travel advice
Every summer the youth of Carroll County gather at the Carroll County Agricultural Center in Westminster to show off... more travel advice
brendareed's Related Pages
Westminster Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Westminster
- Hotels in Westminster
- Transportation in Westminster
- Restaurants in Westminster
- Warnings and Dangers in Westminster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Westminster
- 14 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Westminster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Westminster
Photos in WestminsterSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 100 reviews, 418 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 88 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 49 reviews, 181 photos, 1 travelogue
- Italy Intro, 41 reviews, 186 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mainz Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alsfeld Intro, 43 reviews, 143 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 31 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 28 reviews, 101 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Latest Westminster hotel reviews
- The Boston Inn Inc.
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Best Western Westminster Catering And Conference Center
- 78 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013