"weekend in Miltenberg" Miltenberg by brendareed
Miltenberg Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 255 photos
My first trip to Miltenberg was with a friend, who wanted to take me to the “cutest German town in the country.” I have to agree – Miltenberg is a treasure that thankfully hasn’t made it to the tour books and or found by the tour buses. It is a quaint village on the banks of the Main River that has many wonderful half-timbered buildings, friendly people, and lots of shops and cafes to eat in. Visiting Miltenberg is a wonderful way to spend a leisurely day with friends. There is enough to keep busy but you don’t feel so overwhelmed that you won’t see it all.
My friend and I wandered around the Marktplatz and did some shopping, looked in the parish church, Pfarrkirche St. Jakobus, poked into the oldest inn in Germany, the Gasthaus zum Riesen, and stopped by a cafe for a snack. My impression of Miltenberg was a good one and I’ve since returned, bringing others with me.
We’ve walked up to the Schloss Mildenburg and meandered along the Main River. One day while we were there people were selling second hand items along the river, which was fun to look at all the items for sale. My second outing to Miltenberg led us to a brewery for lunch, which was delicious as the weather was warm and sunny so we ate outside.
I’ve never had trouble getting to Miltenberg (it is an easy drive off the B469 from the A3) and finding parking has been pretty easy as well – there is pay parking lots in the city and free parking along the river. I know I will go back again to Miltenberg.
Miltenberg is right on the Main River and cruise ships sail along these parts. We saw this rather long cruise ship slowly making its way up the Main in Miltenberg on our most recent visit. It carefully navigated itself under the bridge and then docked for passengers to visit the town.
- Pros:tour groups haven't found this gem
- Cons:haven't found any yet!
- In a nutshell:We will be back!
After learning about the Heunesäulen in Mainz, Hubby and I returned to Miltenberg to see a similar column from the... more travel advice
On my third visit to Miltenberg, Hubby and I found a new pathway from the pedestrian area that led us up to the pathway... more travel advice
brendareed's Related Pages
Miltenberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Miltenberg - charming town at Main river"
- "weekend in Miltenberg"
- "FATCHWERK TOWN OF MILTENBERG"
- "A pearl of the Main River"
- "Where Germans like to tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Miltenberg
- Transportation in Miltenberg
- Restaurants in Miltenberg
- Shopping in Miltenberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Miltenberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Miltenberg
- 9 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Miltenberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Miltenberg
Photos in MiltenbergSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 100 reviews, 439 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 88 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 52 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 43 reviews, 196 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mainz Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alsfeld Intro, 43 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 28 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 31 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sicilia Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos