"weekends in Nürnberg" Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg by brendareed

Nürnberg Travel Guide: 933 reviews and 3,129 photos

If I had to choose a favorite German city, it would be Nürnberg. When I think of the things I like to see and do while traveling, they are history, art, art history, architecture, and (when in Europe) Christmas markets. Nürnberg has all of that and more!

With history going back to the Imperial period and then the tragic history of the city during World War II, Nürnberg is chock-full of historical things to see. Add to this Albrecht Dürer lived here and we've got my favorite art period covered (Renaissance). Given that Nürnberg has one of Germany's largest Christmas markets...well, I'm a happy girl.

I've been blessed to have the opportunity to visit Nürnberg about 6-7 times in the past few years. So many that Hubby now rolls his eyes when I try to find a way to get back there again.

If you want to see it all, allow yourself four days minimum, but a week to do the city well. There's just too much good stuff you won't want to miss.

Note: Some of my tips are about fountains or statues that you may have difficulty finding. For that reason, I have created a Googlemap to make it easier to find these spots.

Enjoy!

• Intro Updated Oct 16, 2014

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I can see from your photos how lovely a city this is - no wonder it is your favourite! I have only read half of your tips so far but am enjoying them immensely - will be back to finish over the weekend!

• brendareed's Profile Photo
      Oct 19, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Thanks, Sarah, for visiting, and for your ratings. I admire your writing so it pleases me that you are enjoying my pages.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
      Oct 19, 2014 at 3:55 AM

The feeling is mutual :-) And I have enjoyed my second visit to this page, and your remaining tips, just as much!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Fabulous to see Nürnberg again!! So much that I want to see!!
    Ha, if hubby rolls his eyes when you want to go back: what about a girls' day out at the Christmas Market, if time permits?

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Another great page!

• brendareed's Profile Photo
      Oct 19, 2014 at 1:55 AM

Oh!?! Where are you going next time you are here?

• Redang's Profile Photo
      Oct 19, 2014 at 2:19 AM

Arrived last monday from Bavaria and Tirol; next time, Erfurt and area

brendareed Visits Here Frequently!

brendareed

“seeing the world, one weekend at a time”

Badges & Stats in Nürnberg

Have you been to Nürnberg?

Latest Activity in Nürnberg