"weekend in Milazzo" Milazzo by brendareed
Milazzo Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 55 photos
We were driving the northern coast of Sicily on our way to Palermo and had a planned stop in Milazzo. My primary interest in Milazzo was the Castello di Milazzo, a castle that was expanded and used by Frederick II as well as the Aragonese in the 15th century.
We drove through the heart of Milazzo, a major port city, and onwards towards the tip of the peninsula, a beautiful spot known as the Capo Milazzo. Initially we thought it would be a quick snap of a couple photos and on our way we’d go. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find the gorgeous spot which has views of the Aeolian Islands also had a very pleasant walking trail to the tip of the point and along the edges of the peninsula. So we decided to extend our visit and go for a walk. It was hot, but we enjoyed the views and the quietness of a Sunday morning.
After our hike, we drove to my must-see castle and had a look around. Unfortunately we could not get into the keep itself, but were able to see the old cathedral and the old town hall that had a very informative introductory video that explained the history and sites of the castle.
Our time in Milazzo was short, but we packed a lot of good things in that short time. Before we knew it, we were back in the car and continuing on our way to Palermo. I’d recommend Milazzo if you are into medieval history or if you are just looking for a nice break to get out and stretch your legs.
The fortified castle in Milazzo has its initial foundations dating back to possibly the 200s BC based on the finding of... more travel advice
At the tip of the peninsula that is Milazzo we found Capo Milazzo, a beautiful and peaceful spot that is popular with... more travel advice
brendareed's Related Pages
Milazzo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekend in Milazzo"
- "The town closest to heaven"
- "Milazzo - en route to the Aeolian Islands"
- "Milazzo - Gateway to the Eolian Islands"
- "Milazzo, Sicily Thursday July 20 2006"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Milazzo
- 5 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Milazzo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Milazzo
Photos in MilazzoSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 100 reviews, 439 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 88 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 52 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 43 reviews, 196 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mainz Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alsfeld Intro, 43 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 28 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 31 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sicilia Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos