Rome Hotel Tips by brendareed
Rome Hotels: 219,894 reviews and 1,147 photos
This was a real treat for us to stay here. Through a unique situation, we were able to earn enough Hilton Reward points to stay for the week at this five-star hotel, along with receiving all the perks of a high status in the Hilton Honors System. It was incredible; the level of pampering and service was outstanding. I can find no fault with this hotel.
It is about two miles from the city center, but they offer an hourly shuttle bus that takes guests to the Triton fountain, which is next to a metro station. We did walk to town one day and it took us about 30 minutes to reach the Vatican (all downhill, which means uphill on the way back!).
Our room was upgraded to one with that overlooks Rome and St. Peter’s. It was a large room that was immaculately maintained. Nothing was forgotten, even down to the heated towel rack. Slippers, water, and chocolates were set out each evening during the turn down service.
We were able to use the Imperial Club Lounge as part of our reward status, which was on the seventh floor and provided a spectacular view of the city. Refreshments, daily newspapers, and a quiet area to work or chat on the balcony made each evening very relaxing.
Breakfast came with our room and it was a massive buffet in the restaurant. Foods from around the world and for different diet restrictions were all considered. Service was fast and efficient. We were treated so special.
On our final day, they held our bags since we checked out several hours before needing to get to the airport. Then they arranged for a driver to get us to the airport.
Because it is a five-star (read this as very expensive), they charge for every little thing. While most everything was covered with our reward points and upgrades, we didn’t dare touch the mini-bar with a small bottle of soda costing eight euros! Our internet was free with our upgrade, but that typically costs as well. But the shuttle is free and the television had a multitude of channels is a number of languages. We had a newspaper delivered to our door each morning and two bottles of water delivered each day. The service at the front desk and concierge were amazing and everyone was so helpful!
Would I stay here again? Absolutely…if I could save enough points again to do it that way! It was just a very special trip and the hotel helped create a wonderful memory!
Address: Via Alberto Cadlolo 101, 00136 Rome, Italy
Comparison: most expensive
Phone: +39 06 3509 1
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (100)
- See All Caravaggio in Rome
- See All Scammers - when it sounds too good to be...
- See All Walking around the city
- See All try the gelato
brendareed's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 101 Reviews
- 378 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (378)
Read real reviews about Rome Hotels!
Top 5 Pages
- Florence Intro, 117 reviews, 387 photos
- Rome Intro, 101 reviews, 378 photos
- Cefalú Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Schloss Neuschwanstein Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lynchburg Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Colosseum- 494 Reviews, 896 Photos
- Trevi Fountain- 331 Reviews, 544 Photos
- Castel Sant'Angelo- 143 Reviews, 272 Photos
- Piazza Venezia - Vittoriano- 184 Reviews, 301 Photos
- Piazza di Spagna - Spanish Steps- 296 Reviews, 461 Photos
- Piazza Navona- 235 Reviews, 403 Photos
- Villa Borghese- 90 Reviews, 163 Photos
- Vatican Museums - Sistine Chapel- 164 Reviews, 342 Photos
- Pantheon- 265 Reviews, 545 Photos
- Roman Forum- 296 Reviews, 552 Photos
See All Rome Things to Do