"weekend in Évian-les-Bains" Top 5 Page for this destination Évian-les-Bains by brendareed
Évian-les-Bains Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 143 photos
Evian-les-Bains was our home base for an extended Easter weekend holiday while we toured parts of Switzerland and France. Situated on the south side of Lake Geneva, Evian is a summer paradise for vacationers who love water sports. This peaceful town becomes crowded and busy. Fortunately, we were there when it was still the slow season, although there was an uptick in visitors due to the holiday.
While we spent our days away from Evian doing day trips to various places, our evenings were spent in town. We took walks through the town and looked for historical sites, such as the Source Cachet, the original water source of the Evian water that has made this town so famous. The weather didn’t really cooperate with us and it was typically overcast or raining while we were in town. But on one afternoon, we got a glimpse of the sun and could see across the lake towards the northern city of Lausanne.
Evian was in a good spot for us – just an hour or so from Geneva to the west and an equal time towards the Swiss Alps in the east. We had easy access to the towns around the lake when we chose to explore those as well.
I would choose to stay in Evian again; although, because we are not people that enjoy crowds, I would probably take a chance on the weather and go again in the slow season. Things are just easier that way – prices are cheaper, parking is easier to find, getting a table at the restaurants is less hassle, and overall it is just quieter and more relaxing for us.
Enjoy the waters and town of Evian!
Evian-les-Bains had a series of statues that are made of sticks and twigs. I found three of them, although I was only... more travel advice
The Source Cachet, the original Evian water source, is located just up the hill from the central pedestrian shopping... more travel advice
brendareed's Related Pages
Évian-les-Bains Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekend in Évian-les-Bains"
- "EVIAN-LES-BAINS ON THE FRENCH SIDE OF LAKE GENEVA"
- "Water, water, water !!!"
- "Evian is Naive spelled backwards"
- "the town, not just the water"
- "One night in Évian-les-Bains"
- "Bring bottles for free Evian water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Évian-les-Bains
- Hotels in Évian-les-Bains
- Transportation in Évian-les-Bains
- Restaurants in Évian-les-Bains
- Shopping in Évian-les-Bains
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Évian-les-Bains
- 12 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Évian-les-Bains?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Évian-les-Bains
Photos in Évian-les-BainsSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 100 reviews, 439 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 88 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 52 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 43 reviews, 196 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mainz Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alsfeld Intro, 43 reviews, 143 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 28 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 31 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sicilia Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (29)
Latest Évian-les-Bains hotel reviews
- Evian Hotel Royal
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Hilton Evian-les-Bains
- 201 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Inter-Hotel De France - Evian
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 24, 2013
- Hotel du Palais
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2008
- Hotel Alize
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2013
- Hotel Ermitage
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013