"weekends in Seeheim-Jugenheim" Seeheim-Jugenheim by brendareed
Seeheim-Jugenheim Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 36 photos
Seeheim-Jugenheim, a pair of small villages sitting side-by-side in the Bergstraße, is a great place to spend the day. For hikers, the Bergweg winds through the hills that nestle beside the towns and meander down into town, giving wanderers ample opportunities to stop for lunch or an ice cream. The Bergweg actually runs the length of the Bergstraße (from Darmstadt to Heidelberg) with more than 30 castles, palaces, or ruins along the way.
For those who want to spend the day in Seeheim-Jugenheim, there is parking in town or you can take the train in from Darmstadt. Park and walk around. Look for the small "B" stickers on signposts to catch the Bergweg.
As you look up into the hills, you will see a large white building – that is the Lufthansa Conference and Training Center.
Seeheim-Jugenheim isn't really a *destination* as much as it is a good stopover, a place to spend a few hours, have lunch, and walk the town. Hikers will find it a good place to start or end their hikes or a break to come in from the hills. Visit the castle ruins of Tannenberg for a spectacular view of the region.
There is a small Aldstadt with the Altes Rathaus dating from 1599, now the Seeheim-Jugenheim Museum.
Near the Altes Rathaus are several restaurants with beer gardens and a very popular ice cream shop that seems to always have a line in the warmer months (or at least whenever I'm nearby!).
Not far from Seeheim-Jugenheim is the family friendly Felsenmeer, a sea of rocks in the Odenwald.
Take a break in Seeheim-Jugenheim; you'll be glad you did!
- Pros:Warm and friendly
- Cons:Not a lot of night life
- In a nutshell:A peaceful town with hiking and biking trails galore!
We visited Das Laternchen on the recommendation of a friend and were not disappointed. It is a small restaurant just... more travel advice
Once upon a time there were two giants who lived on two hills; one on the Felsberg, the other on the Hohenstein. One... more travel advice
brendareed's Related Pages
Seeheim-Jugenheim Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Seeheim-Jugenheim
- Transportation in Seeheim-Jugenheim
- Restaurants in Seeheim-Jugenheim
- Shopping in Seeheim-Jugenheim
- See All...
Explore the World
- Yosemite National Park
- Khopoli Hotels
- La Perouse Hotels
- Gozo Hotels
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Wildwood Crest Hotels
- Lake Buena Vista Hotels
- Isola San Giulio Hotels
- Estado de Baja California Norte
- Saint Augustine
- York Village
- Pulau Pangkor
Badges & Stats in Seeheim-Jugenheim
- 9 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Seeheim-Jugenheim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seeheim-Jugenheim
Photos in Seeheim-JugenheimSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rome Intro, 100 reviews, 423 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 88 reviews, 311 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 52 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
- Italy Intro, 41 reviews, 186 photos
- Berlin Intro, 49 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mainz Intro, 37 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alsfeld Intro, 43 reviews, 143 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 26 reviews, 115 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 31 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 28 reviews, 101 photos