brendareed's profile photo

brendareed

B Online Now
seeing the world, one weekend at a time

My Favorite Pages

Cefalú

Dakar

Florence

Travel Map

Usctwin's Profile Photo
Usctwin Feb 4, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Hi - we miss you! Where have you been?

Usctwin's Profile Photo
Usctwin Dec 10, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Congrats on your Shutterbug Nom and thanks for sharing all those wonderful pics here on VT.

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
pieter_jan_v Jun 10, 2015 at 8:44 AM

Brenda, Happy Birthday. PJ

Redang's Profile Photo
Redang Dec 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Merry Christmas and happy 2015!

wabat's Profile Photo
wabat Nov 4, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Hi Brenda - Ingrid (Trekki) has just drawn my attention to your review on the Monument to the African Renaissance on your Dakar page. Earlier this year I was in North Korea and visited the Mansudae Art Studio in Pyongyang and in my review on it I drew attention to work overseas by this Studio including the Monument to the African Renaissance. I have inserted a link to your page from my review so that readers may seen this example. "Mansudae Art Studio - All Things Kim" - P'yongyang Things to Do Tip by wabat. I hope you are ok with this - if not do let me know.
You will also see a link there to our mutual friend Don's (Nemorino) Frankfurt page as another, more modest and less 'soviet' looking, NK statue is to be found there.

brendareed Nov 4, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Hi Albert~ I find it fascinating when things work out and we learn even more than we thought about a place through VT connections! During our visit to the monument, I enjoyed watching the video of how this company put the massive statue together and can only imagine how much effort it took. The idea of a North Korean company building it took me by surprise (but, as an American, we usually only hear negative about the country). And now I will have to find the other statue in Frankfurt that Don wrote about!

Making things full circle, I added a note and link about your tip on my African Renaissance Monument tip. :-)

Thanks so much! ~Brenda

• wabat's Profile Photo
    wabat Nov 4, 2014 at 5:12 AM

You're welcome. There is a link in my review to Don's page.

kenHuocj's Profile Photo
kenHuocj Nov 1, 2014 at 4:00 AM

another vote for photo above ;-)))

toonsarah's Profile Photo
toonsarah Oct 17, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Love that opening photo - great effect :-) What software do you use?

brendareed Oct 19, 2014 at 1:59 AM

I use Photoshop CS5, although I admit that I don't know even half of its capabilities and use it mostly to resize photos for easier uploading. I needed it for a university course and, thankfully, got a student discount :-) But this one was a fun play on the photo in Trier where wedding guests were waiting for the bride and groom to come out of the church.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    toonsarah Oct 19, 2014 at 2:52 AM

I have Photoshop Elements and even with that I don't use half of its capabilities I'm sure!

Trekki's Profile Photo
Trekki Oct 16, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Hurray - I see a new page!!! Something to look forward for tomorrow. Right now I am more dead than alive after several hours walking through Munich's museums and the town......
Galaxies of hugs!!!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Trekki Oct 17, 2014 at 1:45 AM

I know I know that it is one of your most favourite towns :-)))
    Oh, I was in Bavarian National Museum.... 5 hours walking through it, amazing stuff!
    Well, if you and hubby might have the spontaneous idea to visit Munich for the weekend: they have Long Nights of Museums on SAturday:
    museen-in-muenchen.de/en/hom...

brendareed Oct 17, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Sounds intriguing...but we are staying put this weekend :-) Still recuperating from Krakow last weekend!

goodfish's Profile Photo
goodfish Sep 25, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Helloooooo, Brenda! It's been awhile since I've caught up with you; was running about getting ready for vacation, and then gone, and now trying to sort way (WAY!) too many photos and thinking about reviews… you know how it goes. How are you???

brendareed Sep 28, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Kate! So great to hear from you! We're doing well...on the road a good bit and, when at home, lots of studying. In our final months of Europe so we've got to get those boxes checked ;-) Can't wait to see pics from your vacation! Where did you go?

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    goodfish Nov 9, 2014 at 4:02 PM

We spent 3 weeks trekking around the Southwest (when/where fickle weather allowed) and I'm in high tip-writing mode. Sigh. I wish I could do that more speedily than I do: the darn things take me forever!

IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
IreneMcKay Sep 15, 2014 at 3:23 AM

I have the same problem as you. The more countries I go to; the more I want to go to. Still it's a good problem to have. All the best, Irene

brendareed Sep 17, 2014 at 12:55 AM

Thanks so much for visiting my page, Irene! I guess we just have to work harder to get to all these beautiful places! ~Brenda