"The art of travel" view.finder's Profile
I am an artist and writer based in the People's Republic of China where I have lived and worked since 2009. I currently split my time between the Middle Kingdom and the United Kingdom. When at home, I've a love of the outdoors and all things music and art. Born in North London but now more at home in the East End, Cotswolds or East Midlands.
Much of these reviews are taken from my travels in China but please see other more interesting entries from journeys through Great Britain, Poland and other parts of south-east Asia. With regards to China, there are so many places to write about and many that haven't been written about (in English) or are hard to find information on so I hope that you may gain some useful insight from these pages. I've used Chinese Mandarin (Pǔtōnghuà) and the phonetic pronunciation (Hànyǔ Pīnyīn) of the Chinese characters where possible.
When I moved to Ganzhou, Jiangxi Province, this September I found it was a rapidly growing city that largely hadn't been written about so when able I'll write up a few of the locations here that make life that little bit exciting, weird or comfortable for an expat abroad.
I never thought I would extract such satisfaction from writing supermarket reviews. Guess I was wrong. As a foreigner living in China stumbling across the right ingredients is still difficult in the People's Republic. Along with these trivial isle-side asides are lots more snippets of sightseeing and traveling around (mostly) central China from over two years in China.
"Better to live in a cave looking at a palace than live in a palace looking at a cave."
Karl Pilkington - 'An Idiot Abroad'
"A man shall perhaps rush by and trample down plants as high as his head, and cannot be said to know that they exist, though he may have cut many tons of them, littered his stables with them, and fed them to his cattle for years. Yet, if he ever favorably attends to them, he may be overcome by their beauty."
Henry David Thoreau (1817–1862), U.S. philosopher, author, naturalist.
Personal Pages (2)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 108 Reviews
- 310 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 22 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Wrote a Review Spend at least several wistful hours with Anthony in Crosby Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spend at least several wistful hours with Anthony"
- created a Crosby Travel Page "Another Place"
- Commented on y2ketan2007's profile page
- view.finder and y2ketan2007 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Nanjing Forum "Re: Romantic dinner"
updated their Profile Page "The art of travel"
- Uploaded a Video to Ganzhou
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Ganzhou Intro, 27 reviews, 81 photos
- Guangzhou Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos
- Shenzhen Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos
- Nanchang Intro, 12 reviews, 39 photos
- Suzhou Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Zhuhai Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Ruijin Intro, 11 reviews
- Avebury Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Swindon Intro, 1 review, 6 photos