"Family travels" juna71's Profile

School years

A cross between Russian and Finn from Karelia I liked travelling since my childhood. My late Dad was passionate about showing me new places, which meant that once a year we got ready an left on our annual holiday. I went to some magic places with my parents - Crimea, Georgia, Estonia, Lithuania and of course St Petersburg and Moscow. Still remember them dragging me to Winter Palace and Kremlin to see art and culture, when I wanted to go to the zoo and puppet theatre:). And of course, as a proper Karelian inhabitant we were taught to swim, camp, fish, row the boat and find your way out of the wild forests and marshes when mushrooming and berry picking in this wild beautiful region. Those were the days...

Single years

As the only child I HAD to move out of the parent's home as soon as I graduated (many only children will understand me) and I went to work first in Syzran, then St Petersburg and Moscow. I liked moving from place to place, plus I did lot of business travel and now have a nice habit of falling asleep as soon as I hit the aeroplane's seat:) I was bit better off, so could afford to travel more, visiting lots of European countries, however my favourite destination was Ayia Napa in Cyprus because of best night life then:)

Family travel

We got married in 2000 and had our honeymoon in Jamaica, where we have explored the island on the local minibus, which was fun. Loved the atmosphere, music, weather and food, would definitely go back!
Then with children arriving one after another (we have stopped at two, good number this) and spending a little fortune on our beautiful trip to Cuba (that where we will definitely go again and again) and Greece we have decided to scale down and after looking for overseas property for 3 years landed in wonderful Abruzzo (central Italy), where we four go for our holiday every year now. We are offering our holiday home to rent as well (see signature) so more people can experience the sheer magic of this region.
I will be writing more stories about Abruzzo soon, so keep in touch!

• Intro Updated Jan 26, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!