"Picturesque Prince Edward National Park" Prince Edward Island National Park by TooTallFinn24
Prince Edward Island National Park Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 19 photos
Prince Edward National Park is situated on the northern shore of Prince Edward Island. The park fronts on the Gulf of St. Lawrence and covers about 40 miles of coastline. The park was established in 1937.
We visited the park in mid October which is the off season. The campgrounds were nearly empty and the trails had next to no one on them. This made it a particularly nice to visit as the weather was still warm enough to venture outside for hikes and take pictures.
The visitor center for Prince Edward National Park is one of the nicest I have seen in any national park. It is a huge new wooden structure with good exhibits and free use of computers to help you make plans for other travels in the island.
From the non biologist point of view the park seems to consist of three general systems; the beaches and the dunes, the marshes and the ponds, and a combination deciduous and conifer forest. All three areas have trails to walk through that are well maintained
Perhaps the best known feature of the park is the landmark Green Gables House, located at Cavendish in the west end of the park. Once home to the cousins of Lucy Maud Montgomery, the pretty wooden farmhouse inspired the setting for many of her novels, most notably her classic, Anne of Green Gables (1908). The Green Gable House is open all year long and the entrance fee includes not only access to the house but also a hike among the gardens and woods behind the house.
- Pros:Pcituresque, Great For Hiking and Very Well Kept Up
- Cons:Hard to Get To and Crowded in Summer
Finding wildlife on a trip is never easy but in this case it jumped right out in front of us. Red foxes are an... more travel advice
TooTallFinn24's Related Pages
Prince Edward Island National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Picturesque Prince Edward National Park"
- "Short visit"
- "Cabana Boy's Prince Edward Island Natl. Park Page"
- "Greenwich, a hidden wonder!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prince Edward Island National Park
- Transportation in Prince Edward Island National Park
- Restaurants in Prince Edward Island National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prince Edward Island National Park
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (69)
Have you been to Prince Edward Island National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prince Edward Island National Park
- Posted in Travel Santiago Forum "Re: renting a car"
- Wrote a Review Fox on the Run In PEI National Park in Prince Edward Island National Park Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Prince Edward Island National Park Travel Page "Picturesque Prince Edward National Park"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gulf Shore Way Trail"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sacramento Intro, 49 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chico Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davis Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesky Krumlov Intro, 19 reviews, 46 photos
- Budapest Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos
- Granada Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos