"Carlsbad Cavern: Its Whats Down Below That Counts" Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park by TooTallFinn24
Carlsbad Caverns National Park Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 374 photos
Having been to Mammoth Cave, Oregon Cave and a few others in the United States I thought I would be prepared for Carlsbad Caverns the first time I visited in 1989. I wasn't at all. The immensity and beauty of the Caverns then and today when my wife joined me was still overwhelming. It is something that everyone should see in their lifetime.
Carlsbad National Park isn't exactly an easy place to get to. Located 150 miles east of El Paso and over 300 miles southeast of Albuquerque, it takes some work to get to the caverns. From El Paso, Carlsbad Caverns is about a two and a half hour drive. The nearest good size town of Carlsbad is about 27 miles away. It is where most people spend the night you either want to get an early tour of the Caverns or who are spending more than one day there. There are more limited accommodations in White City which is about 10 miles from the park.
The area surrounding the national park sustained a fire during June of 2011. As you approach the park you will notice many areas that have burned. Burned catcus and plants cover the sides of the road and the little trails that take you down to features on your way to the park.
I suggest that in order to find the right tour that meets your desires and abilities that you look at one step and two choices before deciding what to do in the park.
I have organized under things to do three decisions, look at them ;
Step One: Get the NPS Tour Brochure and Study It
Choice One: Study the Available Cave Tours
Choice Two: Decide on the Elevators or Natural Entrance
Making it simple hopefully will increase your pleasure as you look at these amazing underground marvels.
- Pros:Awesome beauty, immense and unforgettable
- Cons:Isolated area of New Mexico
- In a nutshell:Definitely Worthy of Seeing
The Veiled Statue appears as a giant gold column extending from the ground to the ceiling in the Big Room walk. It is... more travel advice
At the Carlsbad Caverns National Park Visitor Center I asked one of the rangers as to how many visitors to the park also... more travel advice
TooTallFinn24's Related Pages
Carlsbad Caverns National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Carlsbad Caverns National Park Page"
- "Carlsbad Caverns - it blew my mind!"
- "Carlsbad Caverns National Park, One of My Favorite"
- "Carlsbad Cavern: Its Whats Down Below That Counts"
- "The Stunning Underworld..."
- "Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico, US"
- "A Hobbyist's Thoughts on Cave Photography"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Hotels in Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Transportation in Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Nightlife in Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Restaurants in Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Shopping in Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Carlsbad Caverns National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Suitcase in NYC"
- Commented on one of TooTallFinn24's Carlsbad Caverns National Park tips
- Wrote a Review Veiled Statue in Carlsbad Caverns National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dont Touch The Cave Formations or Walls!"
- updated a Carlsbad Caverns National Park Travel Page "Carlsbad Cavern: Its Whats Down Below That Counts"
Photos in Carlsbad Caverns National ParkSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sacramento Intro, 49 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chico Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davis Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos
- Granada Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Vicksburg Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Marseille Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos