"Key West: A Caribbean Like Paradise" Key West by TooTallFinn24
Key West Travel Guide: 2,065 reviews and 4,118 photos
Key West is like stepping into another world. The trip from the Miami area can be long and tedious particularly during holidays. However once arrived and provided that you can find a quiet hotel or bed and breakfast the stay can be really great.
We went during the week in March when the crowds weren't too bad. Once the cruise ships disembark the downtown is packed with people searching for souvenirs, photos and taking pictures. If you come by car try to avoid the times the cruise ships disembark.
Sites worth seeing are the Key West Butterfly Conservatory. Its done extremely well and there are litterally hundreds of different types of butterflies and birds.
The Harry Truman house is also unique and worth while for history buffs.
At dusk every one seems to congregate at Mallory Square to watch the sunrise. I have to admit the sunset was spectacular. There always seems to be a few performing musicians or magicians in the area to make the sunset even more worth while.
Just one of many spectacular sunsets observed in this remote paradise.
- Pros:Unique, Scenic and Great Warm Water
- Cons:Crowded and Congested Especially When Ships Are in Port
- In a nutshell:Worth the Trip From Miami for a Unique Experience
We were traveling on foot and the restaurant which is located on the 700 block of Thomas Street is not easy to find.... more travel advice
TooTallFinn24's Related Pages
Key West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Parents of a Conch"
- "key west florida"
- "Key West, Florida"
- "Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
- "Key West one of my favorite spots in North America"
- "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- "Key West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key West
- Hotels in Key West
- Transportation in Key West
- Nightlife in Key West
- Restaurants in Key West
- Shopping in Key West
- Warnings and Dangers in Key West
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Key West
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Key West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key West
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sacramento Intro, 50 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chico Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davis Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos
- Budapest Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesky Krumlov Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Granada Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos