"Winters: Hidden But Worth A Look" Winters by TooTallFinn24
Winters Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 21 photos
I was somewhat surprised to find only three tips and two reviewers of Winters. It is an interesting small town located in northern Yolo County. Part of the problem I think is the City suffers from a case of bad location. Located some 15 miles north of the main Interstate freeway and located off of 505, which is the least used freeway in California the problem becomes more understandable.
The City of Winters is the smallest incorporated city in Yolo County with just under 7,000 residents. The town was incorporated in 1898 and named after Theodore Winter, a local farmer who owned a majority of the town's land in its early days. Six years before incorporation a series of major earthquakes did major damage in the town and surrounding City of Vacaville.
The town developed as a small farming community and today there is still evidence of a variety of fruit and nut crops surrounding the town. The town's center also has a couple of fruit packing companies as businesses.
While as the sign suggests Winters has a long history events in recent years have turned the town into a dining and cultural center. A number of restaurants and a major playhouse have made Winters a destination on weekends for residents from surrounding communities.
The town is also a popular spot for motorcycle and bicycle riders that tour the Lake Berryessa area.
- Pros:Cute, Historic With Plenty of Restaurants
- Cons:Isolated with Limited Hotel Facilities
- In a nutshell:Worth A Look
Just a few miles north of Winters on Highway 113 and along a pretty state highway is the Monticello Dam. However the dam... more travel advice
The Buckhorn Grill has been an institution in the Sacramento area for sometime. When I last went there if anything the... more travel advice
TooTallFinn24's Related Pages
Winters Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Winters: Hidden But Worth A Look"
- "PickUpGirl's Winters page"
- "Porteplume's new Winters Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Winters
- 7 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (82)
Have you been to Winters?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winters
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sacramento Intro, 50 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chico Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davis Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos
- Budapest Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesky Krumlov Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Granada Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos