"Sonoma is Fine Even Without the Wine" Top 5 Page for this destination Sonoma by TooTallFinn24
Sonoma Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 649 photos
As an urban planner Sonoma its great town plaza and grid street system are models of beauty. Aside from the countless wineries that have located around Sonoma the town has a lot to offer the tourist. Great 20th century commercial buildings, interesting original settlement sites, good restaurants, and nicely kept homes all make for a wonderful tourist experience.
At the visitor center in the Town Plaza you will learn that Sonoma has had seven flags fly over it in just the last 300 years. Spain, England, Russia, Mexican Empire, Republic of Mexico, California Bear Flag, and the United States flag have all flown over its plaza. Probably not too unusual considering how cute and well placed this town is.
The best time to see Sonoma is during the week in the spring or fall. On weekends the town and its nearby cousin Napa become filled with tourists seeking out the wineries and eateries in the Valley of the Moon.
The town also has things to do for children as well as adults. Train Town with a collection of trains and rides is sure to be a big hit with kids. Depot Park near the old train station or petting the Clydesdales not far from the town plaza are also things your kids will most likely enjoy.
- Pros:Picturesque, Walkable With Unique Town Plaza
- Cons:Crowded on Weekends
- In a nutshell:See the Town Plaza!
Less than 15 minutes from town hall in Sonoma lies the charming laid back town of Glen Ellen. Much smaller than Sonoma,... more travel advice
When the Old Sonoma Train Depot was about to made into a museum in 1976 it was totally destroyed by a fire. Due to some... more travel advice
TooTallFinn24's Related Pages
Sonoma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sonoma - Heart of the Wine Country"
- "Sonoma is Fine Even Without the Wine"
- "SONOMA. THE VALLEY OF THE MOON"
- "Sonoma Valley Bubblegum Blues"
- "Moon full of wine!"
- "Sonoma Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sonoma
- Hotels in Sonoma
- Transportation in Sonoma
- Nightlife in Sonoma
- Restaurants in Sonoma
- Shopping in Sonoma
- Warnings and Dangers in Sonoma
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sonoma
- 15 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Sonoma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sonoma
- Posted in Travel Jasper National Park Forum "Re: Patricia Lakes Bungalows"
- Commented on one of TooTallFinn24's Sonoma travel pages
- Wrote a Review Visit Laid Back Glen Ellen in Sonoma Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Depot Park Museum:Beautifully Done & Worth A Visit"
- updated a Sonoma Travel Page "Sonoma is Fine Even Without the Wine"
Photos in SonomaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sacramento Intro, 49 reviews, 167 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chico Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davis Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos
- Granada Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carlsbad Caverns National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos
- Toledo Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos