"Cologne: Fascintaing and Walkable" Cologne by TooTallFinn24
Cologne Travel Guide: 1,656 reviews and 4,402 photos
Cologne as near perfect as a big German city be. Arriving in the afternoon the main Cologne Train Station is so convenient to every thing! Right across the street is the Colgone Cathedral. Our hotel was less than a five minute walk from the train station. The Sheraton Dom Hotel itself was a wondrous place and see my review for more information.
So first impressions from the train station? Amazing, breathtaking cathedral. Downtown so full of people and vitality not only during the days but also continuously on weekends.
- Pros:Historic, Attractive, Walkable
- In a nutshell:Dont miss this gem if you have few days in Germany
As I am sure most folks know Cologne was the far northern extension of the Roman empire. What we didn't realize until we... more travel advice
There are hotels with very good service then there are others with great service. The Dom Hotel provide the most... more travel advice
TooTallFinn24's Related Pages
Cologne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Cologne"
- "Fabulous city with huge cultural heritage."
- "Koelsh, ja wohl"
- "Roman History, Magnificent Cathedral, and Kölsch"
- "My big neighbour, Cologne (Köln)!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cologne
- Hotels in Cologne
- Transportation in Cologne
- Nightlife in Cologne
- Restaurants in Cologne
- Shopping in Cologne
- Warnings and Dangers in Cologne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cologne
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (81)
Have you been to Cologne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cologne
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sacramento Intro, 49 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chico Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davis Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos
- Budapest Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesky Krumlov Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Granada Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos