"Take A Walk: Have a Beer Munich 2010" Munich by TooTallFinn24
Munich Travel Guide: 4,462 reviews and 10,546 photos
Immediately upon arriving in Munich at the train station I felt both relaxed and excited at the same time. The hotel was just a few blocks from the train station and even though it was through a somewhat rough neighborhood I felt at ease and fearless.
It was mid April and the weather was just turning warmer, trees were blossoming and it was a great time to be visiting this fascination town in the very heart of Bavaria.
There is so much to do in Munich. Seeing the historical sights, the museums, the open markets, the beer gardens and even the palace.
The day we arrived we were told to avoid the downtown area because of all of the celebrations going on. Bayern Munich had just won a German soccer championship. We decided to ignore the advice and headed downtown. The streets were absolutely packed with Bavern fans carrying beers and singing songs. All of the bars were packed with fans that were joining in on the fun. Loads of police stood by in case of trouble but aside from an occasional drunk fan there were no problems. The picture below is one of main that shows the celebration during that time in April, 2010.
We stayed in an area just a few blocks south of the train station. It was a great location and accessible to the main sites of Munich. Even though the area contained a number of adult businesses we never felt unsafe walking the streets of Munich.
Located just about a fifteen minute ride by street car or the U-Bahn is the magnificent Schloss Nymphenburg Palace. The palace was built to be the summer residence of the heir to the throne Max Emanuel. Construction of the massive residence began in 1664 just west of the City in open fields. Today the palace is in the midst of Munich with absolutely gorgeous grounds.
A wide variety of tours are available. We found that the palace was least crowded early in the morning on weekdays. Aside from the main palace itself the grounds are a joy to walk around. See Things To Do for a more detailed description.
- Pros:Great Fun Safe City, Lots To See
A little far from the coast of Southern Spain or the Atlantic but where is a wave there is a will. Situated at the... more travel advice
During medieval times the City of Munich was surrounded by gates. There were four large towers and five smaller gates.... more travel advice
TooTallFinn24's Related Pages
Munich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Munich - Oktoberfest & a lot more !"
- "Brezn, Bier and Beautiful Days in Munich"
- "Munich is nature, art, events and culture"
- "The Big Village"
- "Munich and Surroundings"
- "Munich - my current hometown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Munich
- Hotels in Munich
- Transportation in Munich
- Nightlife in Munich
- Restaurants in Munich
- Shopping in Munich
- Warnings and Dangers in Munich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Munich
- 10 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Munich
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: UPDATE ON BACKING UP YOUR PAGES"
- updated a Munich Travel Page "Take A Walk: Have a Beer Munich 2010"
- Commented on one of TooTallFinn24's Munich travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Relaxing English Garden in Central Munich"
- Wrote a Review Surfing in English Park: For the Skilled & Nimble about Englischer Garten in Munich Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sacramento Intro, 50 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orvieto Intro, 31 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chico Intro, 20 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada City Intro, 23 reviews, 53 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 23 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Davis Intro, 20 reviews, 53 photos
- Budapest Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cesky Krumlov Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos
- Granada Intro, 20 reviews, 41 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 13 reviews, 46 photos