"Naga City" Top 5 Page for this destination Naga City by theguardianangel
Naga City Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 324 photos
Bicol Region- Region V is located in the southernmost tip of the Luzon island. It is composed of 6 provinces- Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Sorsogon, Catanduanes and Masbate.
The people in this region are called “Bicolanos”. They speak “Bikolano” but for whatever reasons the provinces have their own Bikolano language. Most people know how to speak Tagalog and English. However, the 2 islands lying closer to the Visayas Island- Masbate and Sorsogon speak a combination of Visayan and Bikolano languages.
Naga City is the capital of Camarines Sur. It is one of the developing cities in the country where the locals find their way of living.
The people here are traditional and conservative that I think is good since these characteristics are slowly fading away due to the modern world. They have a sweet tone of voice like the people of Cebu (Cebuanos) but in a different way. They are also known for their spicy and hot dishes.
Most people here are devoted Catholics. The Peṅafrancia Festival in Naga City is the highlighted event celebrated every 3rd Sunday of September. I really admire how these people strongly express their faith. It’s really one of a kind! You might want to include them on your list as one of the largest Marian devotion you’ve ever seen.
- Pros:Crave for their Spicy foods!!!
- Cons:get ready for a hot weather most of the time
- In a nutshell:Naga City: experience the largest Marian devotion in the history
Fluvial procession is the most awaited event (for me) to end the celebration of the Peñafrancia Festival. The images of... more travel advice
It was Lent at that time so my friend and I, went to pray to “Amang Hinulid”/Santo Entierro (the Sepulcher Christ). My... more travel advice
theguardianangel's Related Pages
Naga City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Beautiful, wonderful city of Camarines Sur"
- "Pilgrimage to Naga City"
- "Naga City"
- "Naga City"
- "Naga City - Our Lady of Penafrancia Shrine"
- "Naga City, Camarines Sur"
- "Naga - CWC - Caramoan Island - Legazpi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naga City
- Hotels in Naga City
- Transportation in Naga City
- Nightlife in Naga City
- Restaurants in Naga City
- Shopping in Naga City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Naga City
- 9 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Naga City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naga City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siem Reap Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 31 reviews, 99 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 26 reviews, 78 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 16 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 17 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marinduque Intro, 17 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caramoan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Iloilo Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 16 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (34)
Top Naga City hotels
- Naga Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 24 Photos