"Hong Kong" Hong Kong by theguardianangel

Hong Kong Travel Guide: 8,370 reviews and 20,332 photos

The Plan

Ate Ruby (senior colleague) and I was supposed to visit this country and Macau together. We booked our flight as early as June to get things done right away and our actual travel dates was scheduled by November.

Sometimes, we can't control things that happen in our lives.
Ate Ruby flew right away to Papua New Guinea for a new job offer. Although I can feel she was so sorry for me that we can't go together to travel... i still felt sad.

But deep in my heart, I'm really happy for her to have a new career abroad.
I knew that she really wanted the job and she didn’t want me to travel alone. She even advised me to postpone it but actually, that didn’t cross my mind.

No Guts, No Glory

Okay, so November came! I did all the research for my own tour, haha!
This was my 1st time to travel abroad alone and dunno anyone residing in this place.

I always imagine things how to travel alone… and now here’s my chance to try it!

Honestly, I’m a bit scared… I prayed so hard while inside the plane. As I try to find my way out of the HK international Airport at 9am, a big man (I think he’s Russian, by his accent…?) he approached me then asked if I’m okay and offered me a stay in a hotel. OMG! I’ve just remembered the movie of Liam Neeson, “Taken”; how he rescued his daughter who was kidnapped to be sold into prostitution.
I politely rejected his offer and excused myself. What a very welcoming greeting for me in HK!

This is just the start of my adventure! So Help me God!

• Pros:milk teas are the best!
  • Cons:overcrowded/few locals speak English
  • In a nutshell:Hong Kong: a place to discover yourself
  • Last visit to Hong Kong: Nov 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 9, 2012

• Fen's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Very interesting reading about your adventure :-) Really good information and pictures, I hope to visit Hong Kong again some day !

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Terrific amount of information and great pictures on this page!! I think you were very brave to visit this big, busy city on your own.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Great set of tips about Hong Kong. Seems there is much more order there now than when i visited years ago.
    regards from maryland.val

theguardianangel

“Life is all about courage and going to the unknown.”

Badges & Stats in Hong Kong

Have you been to Hong Kong?

Latest Activity in Hong Kong