Caramoan Transportation Tips by theguardianangel
Caramoan Transportation: 27 reviews and 30 photos
3rd: Travel by Water
After the air and water transportation, finally we got to the Sabang Port.
You really need to travel as early as possible so you can be able to arrive in Sabang Port before the last ferry departs at 2pm. Adult fare costs 120php. It’ll be also advisable if you take the ferry ride in the morning because the locals say that big waves accumulate every afternoon and that would be a very terrible thing to happen… but that’s what happened to us. Piles of waves welcomed us that I can’t help to feel sick at that time! I felt very dizzy and the feeling’s very unbearable! My friend who sat beside me, vomited… she felt very bad too.
We’re supposed to travel for a maximum of 2hrs but due to the wavy journey, it took us 3 hrs to reach the Guijalo Port and arrived around 5pm.
The trip for that day wasn’t that good.. gawd.. if you could just look at my tired face! I really felt soOo awful!!! So I strongly recommend that you take or bring with you your anti-emetics medicines for motion sickness.
Please take note that last ferry ride from the Guijalo Port departs at 11am.
conquering the islands!!!
Island hopping’s my favorite thing to do here in Caramoan! There are 10 islands that are very popular in the peninsula.
We hired a boat for the island hopping in Barangay Paniman, since we’re on a large group we hired 2 boats (roundtrip) and paid a total of 3,000Php (cheap!). On the smaller boat we're 8 passengers (including the 2 boatmen) while on a much larger boat they're about 11 passengers.
We’re really privileged to know a local from here since they served as our tourist guide of the islands. Even the boatmen are friendly too to give some information about the islands.
Caramoan has 49 barangays (native Filipino term for village).
From Guijalo Port, we rode a tricycle to get to Barangay Ili, to the place where we’ll stay.
It took us about 30minutes to get there, fare’s around 20-25php per pax.
After the terrible long ferry ride from Sabang port, we thought we already survived! But the travel from Guijalo Port to the town is not that good too. We went up like going up on a mountain.. well, the rough road was only on the 1st part of the trip and it didn’t take long to reach Barangay Ile.
Barangay Ile’s market is commonly called as Centro. It’s just a small market with a few stores and 2 souvenir shops. You can also ask discounts when buying fruits, vegetables or meat.
from Naga Airport
2nd- Travel by land
From Naga Airport, you have to travel by land to take the ferry in Sabang Port. You can take a van for hire outside the airport. Since we knew a local in the city, we’re given to contact someone who can take us in the Sabang Port. We hired a van for about 1500-2000Php, gasoline fee already included. Kuya Budoy, our driver, who’s very polite and accommodating, is a fast driver. Time travel from Naga Airport to Sabang Port usually takes 1.5hrs-2hrs, but since Kuya Budoy drove fast, we’re able to arrive at about 140pm in the Sabang Port, good thing about it, we arrived before the last ferry that’ll depart at 2pm! Whew!
Cebu Pacific Aircraft
Travel By Air
Local airlines like Cebu Pacific and Airphil Express offer domestic flights in Bicol Region. Flying from Metro Manila to Naga City takes about 1 hour. We booked our flight through Cebu Pacific Airlines and during that time we’re very lucky to avail a promo fare last January. We only paid 1675Php roundtrip airfare which is very affordable. You can avail promo fares like we did when you visit the website of the Cebu Pacific, I believe that Airphil express also offers promo fares.
We arrived in Naga Airport at 1015am.
More Reviews (11)
theguardianangel's Related Pages
Caramoan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caramoan's Unspoiled Beauty"
- "Caramoan Peninsula Paradise of Camarines Sur"
- "Caramoan Peninsula"
- "Caramoan Island Adventure"
- "A Paradise"
- "Wild wild Caramoan"
- "Caramoan, Camarines Sur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caramoan
- Hotels in Caramoan
- Transportation in Caramoan
- Nightlife in Caramoan
- Restaurants in Caramoan
- Shopping in Caramoan
- Warnings and Dangers in Caramoan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caramoan
- 16 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Caramoan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caramoan
- updated a Caramoan Travel Page "Caramoan: Philippines' Secret Paradise"
- Posted in Travel Cebu Island Forum "Re: Swimming with Whale Sharks"
- Commented on one of theguardianangel's Caramoan tips
- Wrote a Review Parish of St. Michael, the Archangel in Caramoan Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lahos island"
Photos in CaramoanSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Siem Reap Intro, 23 reviews, 114 photos, 2 travelogues
- Philippines Intro, 31 reviews, 99 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination City of Manila Intro, 26 reviews, 78 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 16 reviews, 83 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jakarta Intro, 17 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marinduque Intro, 17 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caramoan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Iloilo Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 16 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue