"Murmansk--Few hours shore leave" Top 5 Page for this destination Murmansk by mehulraj

Murmansk Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 152 photos

Thx a lot for stopping by my Murmansk page.

Once again thx a lot if you read and rate them, I hope you enjoy it.

So what brought me here answer is simple, Its my ship not exactly my ship, its actually where I was placed as 2nd Engineer for 5 months. During that tenure I have been to few best locations. And Murmansk is one of them. We went there for loading cargo. Though I got few hours of shore leave but still I enjoyed it and was able see few places and happy to write about it and share it with you all.

Murmansk is small city and it can be easily explored in two days I suppose. Its not tourist destination, its one of the important city for Russia in the context of Naval base and fascination fact about this port city is, even though its close to northern hemisphere its port never closes even in winters.

So what did I expected before reaching to this port???? of course english wont help me..... I hoped that I get taxi driver who understands little english and I got to meet one when we reached there. Actually he was 3rd Engineer working on ship like me, he helped me and my friends from ship to move around and saved from lot of hassle.

so lets move on to " My Murmansk page."

• Pros:great for weekend trip
  • Cons:awfully awesome
  • In a nutshell:Enjoyed my shore leave
  • Last visit to Murmansk: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Dec 25, 2012

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Fantasticlittle page about Murmansk here. It seems to be a fascinating town.

• mehulraj's Profile Photo
      Jun 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM

thx a lot for stopping by..and ofcourse for ratings too...I enjoyed my shore leave there...its a great town with great history of russia lost over development in few years..
      thx

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2013 at 7:54 AM

Murmansk looks pretty! Lovely fall colors. great page!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Impressive monument! Would love to visit Murmansk one day.

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2012 at 9:14 AM

looks cold and gloomy, unlike mumbai

mehulraj Visits Here Frequently!

mehulraj

“One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things. ”

Badges & Stats in Murmansk

Have you been to Murmansk?