"Murmansk--Few hours shore leave" Top 5 Page for this destination Murmansk by mehulraj
Murmansk Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 152 photos
Thx a lot for stopping by my Murmansk page.
Once again thx a lot if you read and rate them, I hope you enjoy it.
So what brought me here answer is simple, Its my ship not exactly my ship, its actually where I was placed as 2nd Engineer for 5 months. During that tenure I have been to few best locations. And Murmansk is one of them. We went there for loading cargo. Though I got few hours of shore leave but still I enjoyed it and was able see few places and happy to write about it and share it with you all.
Murmansk is small city and it can be easily explored in two days I suppose. Its not tourist destination, its one of the important city for Russia in the context of Naval base and fascination fact about this port city is, even though its close to northern hemisphere its port never closes even in winters.
So what did I expected before reaching to this port???? of course english wont help me..... I hoped that I get taxi driver who understands little english and I got to meet one when we reached there. Actually he was 3rd Engineer working on ship like me, he helped me and my friends from ship to move around and saved from lot of hassle.
so lets move on to " My Murmansk page."
- Pros:great for weekend trip
- Cons:awfully awesome
- In a nutshell:Enjoyed my shore leave
Museum of The Northern Fleet This Museum is unusual of its kind. Its building dont look like Museum at all. Its... more travel advice
Lighthouse This is again one of the Important sights in Murmansk. This light house was built in the memory of sailors... more travel advice
mehulraj's Related Pages
Murmansk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Murmansk--Few hours shore leave"
- "68.58 degrees North 33.03 degrees East"
- "lukeduke's Murmansk and surroundings winter advent"
- "Lothar Adam Murmansk 2002"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Murmansk
- Hotels in Murmansk
- Transportation in Murmansk
- Nightlife in Murmansk
- Restaurants in Murmansk
- Shopping in Murmansk
- Warnings and Dangers in Murmansk
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Murmansk
- 9 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Murmansk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Murmansk
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: time to say goodbye friends..."
- Commented on one of mehulraj's Murmansk travel pages
- Wrote a Review Museum of The Northern Fleet in Murmansk Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Balaenoptera Musculus Linnaeus, 1758"
- updated a Murmansk Travel Page "Murmansk--Few hours shore leave"
Photos in MurmanskSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodaikanal Intro, 28 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram Intro, 27 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grimsby Intro, 22 reviews, 82 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 9 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Elephanta Island Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udagamandalam Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Palani Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rosario Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Odessa Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madurai Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
Latest Murmansk hotel reviews
- Best Eastern Polyarny Zori
- 3 Reviews & Opinions