"My 2 days in Grimsby" Top 5 Page for this destination Grimsby by mehulraj

Grimsby Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 92 photos

My 2 days in Grimsby

After few hours of stay at Bergen(Norway) I have been asked to move to Tetney(UK) to join ship and when I reached Humberside airport I have been told that I have to wait for 2 days here in Grimsby for arrival of ship,so again hotel stay.
I stayed at St.Thome Hotel its in almost city center and after staying here I think its best place because of its proximity to Bus-stop and Railway stop and city center.I will talk about this hotel in its review section.Staying alone was lil difficult then on other day in same hotel one Indian guy was staying we met for breakfast I got company he is about to join some ship here in Tetney.
I came to Grimsby in the evening and again kept my baggage in hotel and moved around city,and planned my activity for next day morning.Went to local market which is just nxt of this hotel and shopping center and then Bus-stop and then I saw Grimsby Fishing Heritage center,didnt go inside it I kept that for nxt day early morning.Opposite of this hotel there is St.Thomas Cathedral standing tall,I have put picture of Cathedral for my introduction page of Grimsby and apart from worship, this placed is used for music concert.Which was really strange for me,that was in evening on other day and allowed to attend by invitation only which I didnt had but they allowed me and my friend to go inside just before starting of concert.
So at the end I enjoyed my stay at Grimsby,loved it only disadvantage is other tourist attraction are lil far from here,Buses are really cheap but I didnt had that much leisure time with me.Hopefully in future I get some more time as tourist.

• Pros:Nice Place
  • Cons:Other Tourist Attraction are far from Grimsby
  • Last visit to Grimsby: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 25, 2011

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Great little page mate. You've done well! Great fishing heritage story and I really like your hotel write up. Good stuff! :o) Hugs, Ann.

• Britannia2's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Grimsby is such an unvisited town and this proves what I have always said that this is a town worth visiting.Well done.

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I have read just a few of your tips, so I will visit this page again.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Great page about Grimsby and its Fishing Heritage Center. I especially find your detailed Hotel description very helpful. Keep up the good work.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2011 at 9:18 AM

You certainly know how to make the best of your time between ships and tell a moving story about the old fishing days of Grimsby. I'll have to finish my tour of the museum another time.

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Love your page about Grimsby.Thanks for sharing such a facinating place.
    Dorrise

• mehulraj's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2011 at 6:13 AM

thank you very much,still the pages in under construction there is lil more to come.but you are inspiration to me.I loved reading you south africa page but never whispered anything.Thx a lot again.

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2011 at 6:10 AM

Hi
    Thanks for the 'virtual tour' of Grimsby, which would seem like the most unlikely of tourist destinations! Clearly there's more to it than I had suspected!
    Regards
    Cathy

mehulraj

“One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things. ”

Badges & Stats in Grimsby

Have you been to Grimsby?

Latest Activity in Grimsby