"SHORT VISIT TO BERGEN" Bergen by mehulraj

Bergen Travel Guide: 882 reviews and 2,277 photos

I was on quite a ride before reaching norway.Its not easy to join ship in norway.I got quite interesting story to tell u frns from the time I have started from mumbai till the time reached at Bergen.First at mumbai after waiting for 1 hour on immigration queue I was told that I cannot go to norway as for my transit I dont have visa for UK then also for norway,then they asked me to get in writting from airline people that I can board my flight.Actually as seaman I dont need any Uk visa for transit and above that I am not going to stay at norway its just transit for ship they have international rules regarding this but people are lazy to know their work even i showed them rules for seaman which is there on UK visa guidelines they didnt allow me to board flight then they made me to run to airlines counter and that fellow were also smiling about foolishness of immigration people.It was there job to allow or not to allow people to board not the airlines guys but they gave me writting that I can board.Finally I got to board my flight.Finally reached Heathrow airport after long flight and that was also funny flight.My company booked me Air-India flight its was 230am flight.One fine lady was sitting beside me she cant sleep if she dont drink sth.She politely asked for drink that guys said they only serve drinks for lunch and dinner only not in early morning.It was so hilarious for us we were just laughed out loud in front of him.It was international flight and they dont serve drink even if u ask them politely.Finally reached there at Heathrow and then 3 hours for another immigration then when I reached for norway flight they said I can not fly for norway as I dont have visa then again I have to explain things to get my boarding pass.Finally got my boarding pass after talking to his superior officer I reached to board flight then again same thing I can not fly to norway just before entering into flight.Then they called their superior officer again to clarify things and then to my relief they allowed me to board flight.

I was supposted to join my ship at MONGSTAD in Norway then by the time i reached bergen my ship left from there so I was lil fortunate for getting to stay at bergen.From the time I left Heathrow airport sight of norway was just amazing I was so fascinated by the view that I prayed to god for some miracle to happen and it happened when I reached at bergen.Ship left without me wow good to hear that.

I stayed at Thon Hotel(kokstud) its just 5 mins drive from airport but far from city.

Even though I was dead tired,I kept my baggage in hotel and thought of exploring this place and I dont know whether I will get another opportunity to come here or not.ofcourse if I have more money in future then as tourist I am sure I will visit this place again.

• Last visit to Bergen: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Nice page bro, can you add some more tips? It will be much better! European hotels sometime can surprise you just like India! Hahahah!

• mehulraj's Profile Photo
      Dec 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Thx a lot goutam da for taking time for my pages. As i said before my travel outside of india is not that brief we get few hours. Max i got eight hours n its really difficult to see everything in such short time. In bergen i had just four hours. And my mahabalipuram page is in top five now. Still i have to add another four tips. And as u said my page is much more detailed than others. Thx da

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
      Dec 7, 2012 at 8:36 AM

But whatever time you got you have captured the beauty of the land very well!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Haha mate. Just love your story of how you got there and they boat left lol :o) Also love your style of writing. I like that old buildings pic! Love night shots!! :o) Hugs, Ann.

• Manara's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Pity you had such a short time there, and staying out of the city. I hope you will be able to visit Norway again, it is a fascinating country.

“One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things. ”

Badges & Stats in Bergen