"Elephanta Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Elephanta Island by mehulraj

Elephanta Island Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 312 photos

Elephanta Island

A little more than half a day trip to Elephanta Island away from noise and pollution of Mumbai city is worth spending.

Elephanta Island!!!!!!!!!! A strange name and it brings thoughts of visiting statues of Elephants and their role in Hindu religion but to my amazement there are no statues of elephant or anything related to Elephants. Actually there was a big statue of elephant before which now moved to Veer Jijamata Udyan formerly known as Victoria Gardens. Its might have broken to pieces when tried to move from Elephanta Island.

I had passed by this island many times by boat as my first ship used to discharge cargo near to this Island. I have been planned to visit this place since first time I came to Mumbai but only after 7 years I got opportunity to visit this place.

Thanks for stopping by my page and I hope you enjoy reading.

This famous statue is not orginal one but this you can find before climbing on to hills in a restaurant garden. I took picture of it as it really made with skills and lot more details are visible on it than the original one.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Pros:Grand History
  • Cons:Hot & Humid
  • In a nutshell:Worth Visiting.
  • Last visit to Elephanta Island: Mar 2012
  • Intro Updated Apr 30, 2013

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Great page

• mehulraj's Profile Photo
      Jan 15, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Tux a lot for taking time for my page n ofcourse rating them too.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Very interesting place to visit! Thank you by the way for visiting my Antarctica page. Safe travels on your tankers!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Elephanta Island is a very interesting place to visit. When I was there it was much greener around the caves, but than it was monsoon and rained too much. Great and informative tips!

• goutammitra's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Surely one of the best informative page on Elephanta Caves, history very well written. Great job done Mehul!!

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Helpful detailed tips and perfect photos, great work ... :)

mehulraj Visits Here Frequently!

mehulraj

“One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things. ”

Badges & Stats in Elephanta Island

Have you been to Elephanta Island?

Latest Activity in Elephanta Island