"Mahabalipuram - World Heritage Site" Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram by mehulraj

Mamallapuram Travel Guide: 171 reviews and 653 photos

Enjoy reading my pages

Mahabalipuram- Enjoy reading my trip to The World Heritage Site.

What brought me to Mahabalipuram??? I had not planned for this trip actually. I was doing my short 2 months studies near to this place and on one fine sunday I just took my camera and went to explore this place, it took just 45 Mins to reach Mahabalipuram.

Its a small town basically surviving on fishing, tourist and fine sculptures business. It takes approximately one complete day to visit all important places in Mahabalipuram and that too if you are not here in summer. To visit any places in tamilnadu, November-January is the best time as its little comfortable during these three months. And if weather is not favourable or we can say hot and humid during all other months then in that case it takes two days to complete whole trip at relaxed pace. Chennai is the nearast city and its well connected with Mahabalipuram. Buses and cabs are easily available. Buses are really cheap and very frequent, I preferred bus for my trip.

Accomdodation is really cheap and easily available except you not coming here during holiday times in india.There are lots of option will be available ranging from 4$ to 120$ per day so no worries!!!!!!!!!!

Its a small town and its near to Pondicherry or Puducherry too. After my completing my trip I can say we can divide it into four groups
1) Shore Temple
2) Five Rathas
3) On the Hill side
4) Tiger's cave
apart from these four group of places there is nothing much to do except enjoy your beer at beach. So thats all here I hope you will enjoy reading reviews.

• Pros:Magnificent temple structures
  • Cons:Hot and Humid
  • In a nutshell:See before you Die
  • Last visit to Mamallapuram: Nov 2012
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2013

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2012 at 12:16 AM

The photos and the information you include in your tips is really interesting
    We will try to spend here a full day to see "Arjuna"
    Thank you for the information. Gracias !!!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2012 at 3:26 AM

What an amazing page! Well written, lovely photos and captivating historical stories! Thanks mate, I enjoyed every minute :o) Hugs, Ann xx

• paolodecastro's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Mehul...thanks for sharing this World Heritage...it makes me wanna go to INDIA now.....its really Incredible..i like to visit this site when he opportunity comes.....will visit this together with the Taj Mahal.....keep on posting nice places.....nad happy traveld=s to you buddy....:):)

mehulraj Visits Here Frequently!

mehulraj

“One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things. ”

Badges & Stats in Mamallapuram

Have you been to Mamallapuram?