"Mahabalipuram - World Heritage Site" Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram by mehulraj
Mamallapuram Travel Guide: 172 reviews and 671 photos
Mahabalipuram- Enjoy reading my trip to The World Heritage Site.
What brought me to Mahabalipuram??? I had not planned for this trip actually. I was doing my short 2 months studies near to this place and on one fine sunday I just took my camera and went to explore this place, it took just 45 Mins to reach Mahabalipuram.
Its a small town basically surviving on fishing, tourist and fine sculptures business. It takes approximately one complete day to visit all important places in Mahabalipuram and that too if you are not here in summer. To visit any places in tamilnadu, November-January is the best time as its little comfortable during these three months. And if weather is not favourable or we can say hot and humid during all other months then in that case it takes two days to complete whole trip at relaxed pace. Chennai is the nearast city and its well connected with Mahabalipuram. Buses and cabs are easily available. Buses are really cheap and very frequent, I preferred bus for my trip.
Accomdodation is really cheap and easily available except you not coming here during holiday times in india.There are lots of option will be available ranging from 4$ to 120$ per day so no worries!!!!!!!!!!
Its a small town and its near to Pondicherry or Puducherry too. After my completing my trip I can say we can divide it into four groups
1) Shore Temple
2) Five Rathas
3) On the Hill side
4) Tiger's cave
apart from these four group of places there is nothing much to do except enjoy your beer at beach. So thats all here I hope you will enjoy reading reviews.
- Pros:Magnificent temple structures
- Cons:Hot and Humid
- In a nutshell:See before you Die
Mamallapuram new surfing spot in India Surfing—Its new trend picking up on Indian sea shore now. I have read many... more travel advice
Buying sculptures and shopping in Mamallapuram There are lot of shops around the main sightseeing places. And the... more travel advice
mehulraj's Related Pages
Mamallapuram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "So many mixed feelings after the Tsunami"
- "Mahabalipuram - World Heritage Site"
- "Mamallapuram - Seashore Town"
- "Glories of Hindu Art"
- "The Shore Temple and more...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mamallapuram
- Hotels in Mamallapuram
- Transportation in Mamallapuram
- Restaurants in Mamallapuram
- Shopping in Mamallapuram
- Warnings and Dangers in Mamallapuram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mamallapuram
- 27 Reviews
- 96 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Mamallapuram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mamallapuram
- Posted in Travel Kodaikanal Forum "Re: visiting kodaikanal this may"
- updated a Mamallapuram Travel Page "Mahabalipuram - World Heritage Site"
- Commented on one of mehulraj's Mamallapuram tips
- Wrote a Review Mamallapuram new surfing spot in India in Mamallapuram Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mamallapuram new surfing spot in India"
Photos in MamallapuramSee All Photos (96)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodaikanal Intro, 28 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram Intro, 27 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grimsby Intro, 22 reviews, 82 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 9 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udagamandalam Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Elephanta Island Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Palani Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rosario Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Odessa Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madurai Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos