" "Vanakam = Welcome "" mehulraj's Profile

Hello friends,
Welcome to my online travel diary. I am Mehulraj and I am marine engineer and that means I sail on merchant ships. Especially on Tankers and tankers means those ships which carries petroleum products or crude oil from one port to another. I have started my carrier in 2005 as Junior Engineer and I have reached upto Chief Engineer level so far and after this post we don’t have promotion on ship so I have to settle down with this post.

So what we Marine Engineer do on ship??? I am sure lots of friends are aware of it. But let me explain a bit about my profession. We actually take care of machineries onboard ship, anywhere on ship we do maintenance and try to make sure we and cargo reach safely from place to another. The worst part of this profession is leaving family behind even though the pay is good but still what we miss for money is nothing compared to the time spent with family.

During all these years I have been to lots of places and few places I was lucky to roam around and see different culture and people. But at the same time there were few places where I was not even able to touch shore just because either we did not had time to go out or there were no shore leaves for seaman. Anyways that’s part of life and I don’t have any regrets missing some places. Over a period of time priorities has changed or in other words my meaning less wondering around places are just over and now I make sure whenever I lend up in new places outside of India I utilize time to best of my ability and try to explore places in short period of time. I might have missed lots of places in important cities but still I consider myself fortunate to see few places in short period of time. Outside of India my travel experience is not that brief so I have few tips for my pages outside of India. But I made sure for my India pages to be brief and precise and helpful to friends.

As I live in Tamilnadu ( one of the state of India ) now I started visiting places near to my hometown and you can see them all in my travel pages..So far I have added few pages and they are all well appreciated by you and
thx a lot for that.

I hope I continue adding pages in future too. So what brought me to VT , It’s a family trip to Velanganni ( It is the most visited church in Tamilnadu ) from then on I am here and planning to stay as long as I can.

My VT Meetings

My VT Meetings

(1)--- I met Mr. & Mrs. Juan Mercedes from Spain during their visit to Madurai on 26/02/2013 , VT NAME-elpariente

• Intro Updated Jul 9, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
mehulraj's Profile Photo

mehulraj

“One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things. ”

Real Name