" "Vanakam = Welcome "" mehulraj's Profile
Welcome to my online travel diary. I am Mehulraj and I am marine engineer and that means I sail on merchant ships. Especially on Tankers and tankers means those ships which carries petroleum products or crude oil from one port to another.
During all these years I have been to lots of places and few places I was lucky to roam around and see different culture and people. But at the same time there were few places where I was not even able to touch shore just because either we did not had time to go out or there were no shore leaves for seaman. Anyways that’s part of life and I don’t have any regrets missing some places. Over a period of time priorities has changed or in other words my meaning less wondering around places are just over and now I make sure whenever I lend up in new places outside of India I utilize time to best of my ability and try to explore places in short period of time. I might have missed lots of places in important cities but still I consider myself fortunate to see few places in short period of time. Outside of India my travel experience is not that brief so I have few tips for my pages outside of India. But I made sure for my India pages to be brief and precise and helpful to friends.
As I live in Tamilnadu ( one of the state of India ) now I started visiting places near to my hometown and you can see them all in my travel pages..So far I have added few pages and they are all well appreciated by you and thx a lot for that.
I hope I continue adding pages in future too. So what brought me to VT , It’s a family trip to Velanganni ( It is the most visited church in Tamilnadu ) from then on I am here and planning to stay as long as I can.
MY PAGES WITH TOP 5 BADGES
1)---KODAIKANAL---ONE OF THE BEST HILL STATION OF TAMILNADU STATE---TOP 5 PAGE
2)---MADURAI---KNOWN AS TEMPLE CITY AND FAMOUS FOR MEENAKSHI GODDESS TEMPLE OF TAMILNADU STATE---TOP 5 PAGE
3)---MAMALLAPURAM---UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE---TOP 5 PAGE
4)---ELEPHANTA ISLAND ---UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE---TOP 5 PAGE
5) UDAGAMANDALAM(Ooty)---ONE OF THE BEST HILL-STATION OF TAMILNADU STATE--TOP 5 PAGE
MY OTHER PAGES OF INDIA
MUMBAI---ONE OF THE METRO CITY OF INDIA
VELANGANNI---MOST VISITED CHRUCH IN TAMILNADU STATE---I am the second person to write about it
PALANI---MOST VISITED LORD MURUGAN TEMPLE--I am the first person to write about it
TIRUCHCHENDUR---MOST VISITED LORD MORUGAN TEMPLE--I am the second person to write about it
GRIMSBY---MY 2 DAYS STAY---TOP 5 PAGE
ROSARIO---MY BEST SHORE LEAVE---TOP 5 PAGE
Puerto Santo Tomás de Castilla
MURMANSK---My few hours of shore leave---TOP 5 PAGE
My VT Meetings
(1)--- I met Mr. & Mrs. Juan Mercedes from Spain during their visit to Madurai on 26/02/2013 , VT NAME-elpariente
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 223 Reviews
- 730 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 17 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
- Posted in Travel Chennai (Madras) Forum "Re: Which noteworthy destinations..."
- Commented on Durfun's profile page
updated their Profile Page " "Vanakam = Welcome ""
- mehulraj and jayjayc are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to " "Vanakam = Welcome ""
- updated a Mamallapuram Travel Page "Mahabalipuram - World Heritage Site"
- Commented on the Agra travel guide
- Wrote a Review TO/FROM Ooty in Udagamandalam Transportation
- Uploaded a Video to Palani
PhotosSee All Photos (730)
VideosSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kodaikanal Intro, 28 reviews, 103 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mamallapuram Intro, 27 reviews, 96 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grimsby Intro, 22 reviews, 82 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 9 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Elephanta Island Intro, 20 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Udagamandalam Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Palani Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rosario Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Odessa Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madurai Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos