"Boone, Iowa" Boone by meta4r
Boone Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 18 photos
Boone has a railroad heritage. It is on the busiest train tracks in the United States and currently operates the Boone and Scenic Valley Railroad.
These trains are painted onto a building in downtown Boone.
Hundreds of trains pass through Boone every week.
And now, the caboose. This is the town visitor center (which I have yet to find open) No problem though, as you can stop in the DQ for ice cream or play a round of mini golf right next door.
- Pros:Inexpensive housing.
- Cons:High property taxes.
- In a nutshell:A blue collar railroad town with great natural beauty and incredible potential.
It snowed once a week this past winter and I just had to do something with the snow. more travel advice
Ledges State Park, six miles south of Boone. more travel advice
meta4r's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Boone
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Boone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boone
Top 10 Pages
- Iowa Intro, 8 reviews, 73 photos, 8 travelogues
- Sioux City Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 13 travelogues
- Missouri Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 6 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Virginia Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aberdeen Intro, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- West Bend Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Minnesota Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Dakota Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Bahamas Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos