"Northwest Iowa" Iowa by meta4r
Iowa Travel Guide: 1,133 reviews and 2,690 photos
The Sioux Indians up in South Dakota took the name for the natives who lived around here to mean lazy in their language. They called the Ioways lazy because their land was all rolling hills and over every hill a stream with water and wildlife everything a native would ever need in life.
From Merriam-Webster "Iowa, Sioux word for 'one who puts to sleep' or 'beautiful land' "
This is a wooden bridge over the Boyer River just off the road between Deloit and Boyer. more travel advice
Old style amusement park. This is what Coney Island must have been like at the turn of the century. Also has a waterpark... more travel advice
meta4r's Related Pages
Iowa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Iowa Page"
- "RURAL NEXUS OF AMERICA"
- "Iowa Page"
- "Iowa - Hawkeye State"
- "Pleasant Iowa"
- "melissaK's Iowa Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Iowa
- Hotels in Iowa
- Transportation in Iowa
- Nightlife in Iowa
- Restaurants in Iowa
- Shopping in Iowa
- Warnings and Dangers in Iowa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iowa
- 40 Reviews
- 183 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Iowa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iowa
Top 10 Pages
- Iowa Intro, 8 reviews, 73 photos, 8 travelogues
- Sioux City Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos, 13 travelogues
- Missouri Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos, 6 travelogues
- Canada Intro, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Virginia Intro, 16 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Aberdeen Intro, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- West Bend Intro, 16 reviews, 19 photos
- Minnesota Intro, 4 reviews, 24 photos, 5 travelogues
- South Dakota Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- The Bahamas Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos