"Tajikistan: Ancient Persia is Alive" Top 5 Page for this destination Tajikistan by catdockev
Tajikistan Travel Guide: 231 reviews and 729 photos
The Fan Mountains and Penjikent are beautiful. The Pamir range breathtaking and filled with bandits and rebles! You must have a tour guide with gun!. Be prepared for rustic life. Modern conveniences like eletricity, water, hot water, toilets, sanitation and safety are not always available! The Fan mountains have the most beautiful torquise lakes, each a different color. Penjikent also boasts buddhist remains from the silk road as well as a Zoroastrian temple ruin. I actually held a buddhist artifact from ages ago, and was inside the temple at the archeological digs. The history is great. It is close to Samarkand and well worth the few Km. it takes to get across. However, you must be escorted or you will never cross the border. There can be a bit of tension in the air check for travel warnings. The rest of the country, well try Dushanbe; However, I really would think twice about the autonomous region in the east and the area around Fergana and Kohan NW, and of course the south???? There is a Tadjik movie out, filmed by a wonderful Iranian Director, it is on video already, called "Silence", beautiful movie, very artsy and quite, kind of like visual yoga.
Just walk around (escorted) and see the people and history. In the museum in Penjikent are fabulous things to see,... more travel advice
Camp in the mountains, talk to the local people and see the museum in Penjikent. The embroidered wall hanging in the... more travel advice
- Avoid the Fergana Valley...
- All arrangements must be made...
- The chidren are very curious...
catdockev's Related Pages
Tajikistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tajikistan - gateway to the Pamirs :-))"
- "Tajikistan - pieces of a puzzle"
- "Tajikistan - a hospitable land"
- "Tajikistan: Ancient Persia is Alive"
- "Forgotten Wonderland"
- "Activities in Tajikistan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tajikistan
- Hotels in Tajikistan
- Transportation in Tajikistan
- Nightlife in Tajikistan
- Restaurants in Tajikistan
- Shopping in Tajikistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Tajikistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tajikistan
- 11 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tajikistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tajikistan
Top 10 Pages
- Romania Intro, 28 reviews, 26 photos
- Bulgaria Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Uzbekistan Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tajikistan Intro, 11 reviews, 10 photos
- Maine Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- United Kingdom Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Czech Republic Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue