"I (heart) NY!" New York City by Irena_Romeva

New York City Travel Guide: 15,853 reviews and 31,852 photos

New York City

Q: Exit or transit?
A: Exit
Welcome to New York City madam! …That’s all I wanted to hear all my life till it came true this September. You have to love the Terminal 3 JFK Airport staff for the warm welcome :)
OMG! Arriving at the oldest JFK terminal and seeing all the wonderful Art Deco Skyscrapers New York City has in abundance isn’t that all a girl could ever dream of?!

1st day a visit to the amazing Empire State Buildi

Arriving at the cue – getting a warm welcome by the staff- people are just amazing in NYC. I loved their welcoming spirit. Moments I'd never want to forget. Loved every moment I have spent on top of 86th floor of the most authentic building and with my friend Tony (audio guide voice) getting to know the first hints of the city and it’s past and present.
Can you imagine there are over 30000 restaurants in NYC?!

2nd day – a walk around NYC

We had a walk from Grand Central station to Central Park, going through Times Square, Rockefeller Building, Fifth Avenue, Broadway...what can be better thing to do on a perfect Saturday?
I am in love with its majesty the Grand Central Station. Well it is not an Art Deco style Skyscraper but it is for my taste the most amazing building of the City that never sleeps. I just love its marble floor halls and the big spacey design and the Beaux Arts style. I guess I am an old-fashioned girl.

Another of my favorites is the Chrysler building- now this time it is the Art Deco style of all tall Buildings in the New York skies, and there are a lot of them. I love the big city.

3rd day Long Island Beach
Was a hard to find the place as we were heading to Jones beach. Had a lot of recalculations on the way (people who use GPS know what I am saying) but it is a nice place. Vast and sandy beaches, as we arrived and placed ourselves on a broad place 200m per person, Macedonia people standards for browsing a beach place. :D

4rd day- The statue of LIBERTY and the Ellis Island visit
We took the ferry from the Battery Park, had a nice visit of the island even though we were having a cloudy day. The statue is impressive and it is beautiful and spacey island to visit for a walk around. There are ferry boats passing every 20- 25 minutes as you can continue your visit to the next point which is Ellis Island which we also took.
From the Statue of liberty island we had a nice view of NYC and it is very nice place to be, as we headed to Ellis Island we could see the Museum of the Immigrants and the place called Registry room – first step in the US for all people in the past who were arriving in this corner of the States.
The museum is very interesting you can see very nice facts about the number of people emigrating to the US and the periods when the biggest emigrations happened. Also there are artifacts of immigrants from all over the World and their personal documents; you can see different kind of passports from France, China, Belgium, Italy, Bulgaria and many, many countries around the globe. Also there are tickets for the boats as the printing materials which were used to advertise the trip to America (which were my personal favorite). In the meantime you can hear very nice music and there is a fine ancient photography collection.

Next few Days – New Jersey
I have a friend who lives in New Jersey so I paid a visit and can never forget Hoboken- the Sinatra city and the many beautifully linked to one another Garden state little towns I visited. The malls in NJ are just amazing experience every girl should have, and I am so glad for my new Ralph Lauren shoes! :)
The next town to remember is the birthplace of a great American singer called Long Branch. The singer is Bruce Springsteen, and I am a fan of his music too. I like a lot the pretty little town by the sea.
The town is along the beach in a peaceful little place, in early September it is a greatest place to visit. I was even swimming in the ocean, loved the white sanded beach. It is a beautiful place.
My New Jersey few days will be always remembered by a warm and welcoming feeling I had when I was there, by the people welcoming me and the comfortable places, parks, beaches and sights we have been to, it is a must see when you go to NYC, as it has equally amazing places the city has to offer. NJ people know how to live comfortably

Museum days
I have visited NYC Museums and the ones I preferred and would recommend to anyone are the Guggenheim museum and the American Museum for Natural History.
At the Guggenheim there was a Lee Ufan Exhibition which was covering the relation and relating to nature & people, you can see a hint through the pics and the next link. http://youtu.be/qaQrn6J69wk
And the American Museum for Natural History, I must say is a huge and unforgettable for the amazing Journey to the Stars Planetarium exhibition, also I will add that the museum is a must see for anyone that loves museum visits It has a lot to offer.

• Pros:good to visit in September
  • In a nutshell:I (Heart) NY!
  • Last visit to New York City: Sep 2011
  • Intro Written Oct 27, 2011

Travelogues (1)

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Went to New York in 1999 had a wonderful time its a great city

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Hi Irena, thanks for your birthday wishes. it looks like you had a great visit to the US of A.... next time I hope you will visit us here in Malibu... ;-) Karl

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2011 at 6:49 AM

Hello, Irena! Congratulations on your nice trip!~ Thanks for sharing!

Irena_Romeva

“..never waste a moment!”

Badges & Stats in New York City

Have you been to New York City?

Latest Activity in New York City