"Bucharest" Bucharest by liliana91
Bucharest Travel Guide: 1,607 reviews and 4,216 photos
Bucharest(romanian:București) is the capital city,cultural,industrial and financial centre of Romania.
Is the largest city in the country with almost 2,000,000 people.Bucharest is the 6th largest city in the European Union by population within city limits.Is divided in 6 sectors.
The name of Bucur has an uncertain origin: tradition connects the founding of Bucharest with the name of Bucur who was either a prince, an outlaw, a fisherman, a shepherd, or a hunter, according to different legends.
In Romanian the word stem bucur means 'glad', 'joy'.
->SECTOR 1:Dorobanți, Băneasa, Aviației, Pipera, Aviatorilor, Primăverii, Romană, Victoriei, Herăstrău Park, Bucureștii Noi, Dămăroaia, Strǎulești, Grivița, 1 Mai, Băneasa Forest, Pajura, Domenii and a small part of Giulești which includes Giulești Stadium
->SECTOR 2:Pantelimon, Colentina, Iancului, Tei, Floreasca, Moşilor, Obor, Vatra Luminoasă, Fundeni, Plumbuita, Ștefan cel Mare, Baicului
->SECTOR 3:Vitan, Dudești, Titan, Centrul Civic, Dristor, Lipscani, Muncii, Unirii
->SECTOR 4:Berceni, Olteniței, Giurgiului, Progresul, Văcărești, Timpuri Noi, Tineretului
->SECTOR 5:Rahova, Ferentari, Giurgiului, Cotroceni, 13 Septembrie, Dealul Spirii
->SECTOR 6:Giulești, Crângași, Drumul Taberei, Militari, Grozǎvești (also known as Regie), Ghencea
- Pros:is a big city,so you have everything that you want..
- Cons:too big
- In a nutshell:also known as "Little Paris of the East"
Park IOR, recently Alexandru Ioan Cuza Park, is mostly called Titan Park because of the name of Subway station near by-... more travel advice
Subway is my favorite way of transportation(of course, we also have bus, tram or trolleybus-RATB but those are so many).... more travel advice
liliana91's Related Pages
Bucharest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Thrill, a Challenge, a Laughter"
- "About my homecity - Bucharest"
- "I learned to love it"
- "Bucharest, Romania"
- "Bucharest / Bucureşti"
- "Bucharest - Trapped Between Past And Future"
- "Bucharest-1st stop on a Romania tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bucharest
- Hotels in Bucharest
- Transportation in Bucharest
- Nightlife in Bucharest
- Restaurants in Bucharest
- Shopping in Bucharest
- Warnings and Dangers in Bucharest
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bucharest
- 8 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bucharest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bucharest
Photos in BucharestSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Brasov Intro, 14 reviews, 144 photos, 12 travelogues
- Bucharest Intro, 8 reviews, 74 photos, 7 travelogues
- Costinesti Intro, 4 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Predeal Intro, 3 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rasnov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Turnu Magurele Intro, 3 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valea Gradistei Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alexandria Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orsova Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Giurgiu Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (20)
Latest Bucharest hotel reviews
- Carol Parc Hotel
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- GreenClub Hotels Bucharest
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 31, 2008
- Crystal Palace
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 21, 2012
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Class Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 20, 2013
- Ramada Hotel Bucharest Parc
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Howard Johnson Grand Plaza Bucharest
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Hanul lui Manuc
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Golden Tulip Sky Gate
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Tania Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013