"Bucharest" Bucharest by liliana91
Bucharest Travel Guide: 1,657 reviews and 4,340 photos
Bucharest(romanian:București) is the capital city,cultural,industrial and financial centre of Romania.
Is the largest city in the country with almost 2,000,000 people.Bucharest is the 6th largest city in the European Union by population within city limits.Is divided in 6 sectors.
The name of Bucur has an uncertain origin: tradition connects the founding of Bucharest with the name of Bucur who was either a prince, an outlaw, a fisherman, a shepherd, or a hunter, according to different legends.
In Romanian the word stem bucur means 'glad', 'joy'.
->SECTOR 1:Dorobanți, Băneasa, Aviației, Pipera, Aviatorilor, Primăverii, Romană, Victoriei, Herăstrău Park, Bucureștii Noi, Dămăroaia, Strǎulești, Grivița, 1 Mai, Băneasa Forest, Pajura, Domenii and a small part of Giulești which includes Giulești Stadium
->SECTOR 2:Pantelimon, Colentina, Iancului, Tei, Floreasca, Moşilor, Obor, Vatra Luminoasă, Fundeni, Plumbuita, Ștefan cel Mare, Baicului
->SECTOR 3:Vitan, Dudești, Titan, Centrul Civic, Dristor, Lipscani, Muncii, Unirii
->SECTOR 4:Berceni, Olteniței, Giurgiului, Progresul, Văcărești, Timpuri Noi, Tineretului
->SECTOR 5:Rahova, Ferentari, Giurgiului, Cotroceni, 13 Septembrie, Dealul Spirii
->SECTOR 6:Giulești, Crângași, Drumul Taberei, Militari, Grozǎvești (also known as Regie), Ghencea
- Pros:is a big city,so you have everything that you want..
- Cons:too big
- In a nutshell:also known as "Little Paris of the East"
Park IOR, recently Alexandru Ioan Cuza Park, is mostly called Titan Park because of the name of Subway station near by-... more travel advice
Subway is my favorite way of transportation(of course, we also have bus, tram or trolleybus-RATB but those are so many).... more travel advice
liliana91's Related Pages
Bucharest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Thrill, a Challenge, a Laughter"
- "About my homecity - Bucharest"
- "I learned to love it"
- "Bucharest, Romania"
- "Bucharest / Bucureşti"
- "Bucharest - Trapped Between Past And Future"
- "Bucharest-1st stop on a Romania tour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bucharest
- Hotels in Bucharest
- Transportation in Bucharest
- Nightlife in Bucharest
- Restaurants in Bucharest
- Shopping in Bucharest
- Warnings and Dangers in Bucharest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bucharest
- 8 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bucharest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bucharest
Photos in BucharestSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Brasov Intro, 14 reviews, 144 photos, 12 travelogues
- Bucharest Intro, 8 reviews, 74 photos, 7 travelogues
- Costinesti Intro, 4 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Predeal Intro, 3 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rasnov Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Turnu Magurele Intro, 3 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valea Gradistei Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alexandria Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orsova Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- Giurgiu Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (24)
Latest Bucharest hotel reviews
- Radisson SAS Hotel Bucharest
- 434 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Golden Tulip Sky Gate
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Residence Phoenix
- 1 Review & Opinion
- InterContinental Bucharest
- 345 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Vila 11 Bed & Breakfast
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 25, 2013
- GreenClub Hotels Bucharest
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2013
- Class Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Crystal Palace
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Carol Parc Hotel
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 26, 2013
- Howard Johnson Grand Plaza Bucharest
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 31, 2008
- Ramada Hotel Bucharest Parc
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013