"Vishakhapatnam......" Vishakhapatnam by hellofromsatadru
Vishakhapatnam Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 93 photos
Vishakhapatnam is also known as Vizag, is a very popular tourist destination in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. It is famous for its gorgeous beaches surrounded with lush green hills. Vizag is dotted with many crescent beaches. Though I have been to Vizag for an official purpose, but still, I manages some time out to visits some of the popular tourist spots there.
In the first sight, Vizag is a small city with neat and clean roads, not too heavy traffics, well space, well planned city. But one can easily make out that it is built on Deccan Plateau, because most of the roads here have many ups and downs. Plain straight roads are rare to find. I visited Vizag in the middle of Monsoon. Everybody knows that India is a monsoon driven country. The rainy season here is very strong and especially the south India receives some highest average rainfall in the whole world. So I can easily say that my trip to Vizag is a full rain drenched one. But still a travel freak like me enjoys there a lot.
The best time to visit Vizag is around the end of November to mid of February. During this time the weather remains fine, bright and sunny, not too hot not bitterly cold. One can enjoy the travel to the fullest during this time. There are many good hotels to stay around Vizag, but some of the best are around the R.K. Beach. There are several food joints and good restaurants found around the city, serving all types of food, ranging from north Indian to south Indian cuisine to chinese to continental that permits every pockets. The street foods are a must try.
- Pros:Nice, neat, clean having some beautiful locations......
- Cons:The south Indian foods.........they are so sour
- In a nutshell:Nice place to be in and spend some time in the lap of nature.
hellofromsatadru's Related Pages
Vishakhapatnam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Here, where the tourists aren't you'll enjoy India"
- "Welcome to the South West Coast of India"
- "VISHAKHAPATTNAM: An Industrial City Made Touristy!"
- "A Brief view into local life."
- "Ramkrishna Beach (R.K. Beach)"
- "tourist companionship"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vishakhapatnam
- Hotels in Vishakhapatnam
- Transportation in Vishakhapatnam
- Restaurants in Vishakhapatnam
- Shopping in Vishakhapatnam
- Warnings and Dangers in Vishakhapatnam
- See All...
Explore the World
““A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.” – Lao Tzu”
- No VT rank yet.
- 0 Reviews
- 228 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Vishakhapatnam
- 0 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Vishakhapatnam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vishakhapatnam
Photos in VishakhapatnamSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Kalna Intro, 73 photos, 9 travelogues
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Intro, 59 photos, 10 travelogues
- Vishakhapatnam Intro, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Puri Intro, 27 photos, 5 travelogues
- Digha Intro, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alwar Intro, 3 photos, 5 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 9 travelogues
- Jaipur Intro, 10 travelogues
- Agra Intro, 6 travelogues
- New Delhi Intro, 10 travelogues
No friends yet.
Latest Vishakhapatnam hotel reviews
- Sai Priya Beach Resort
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Bay Leaf - Ayurveda Spa & Resort
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 27, 2013
- Hotel Akshaya
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Comfort Inn Visakhapatnam
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2010
- Taj Residency
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Dolphin Hotel
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013