"Ferndale - flashback in time" Ferndale by DJStarr
Ferndale Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 15 photos
Just south of Eureka along the northern California coast is a sleepy little town called Ferndale. I never fail to stop here, the drive through town and through the side streets is just charm central. Nearly every home is picture perfect, complete with matching gardens. Many, many classic Victorian styles and colors are represented here, all lovingly cared for. It is an artist's delight!
Right off highway 101at the turnoff to Ferndale is a small bump in the road called Fernbridge. This has the most wonderful outdoor fresh fruit market ever! We've never failed to get the most luscious peaches, nectarines and other treats here. They have unusual fruits and nuts and treats, too. You must STOP!
Take a 15 minute drive just northwest of Fernbridge while you're at it, and go to the Loleta Cheese factory. No fancy tours here, but they have a huge selection of cheeses all toothpicked up and waiting for your taste buds to admire. Yum!
- Pros:Tidy Victorian charm & color with Small town ambience
- Cons:Pricery to live, few jobs unless your dad's a Trump.
- In a nutshell:I always stop here!
Hey this town is famous for amazing Victorian architecture - so park the car and go for a walk down the sidestreets,... more travel advice
DJStarr's Related Pages
Ferndale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "jgemini65's new Ferndale Page"
- "Ferndale - flashback in time"
- "Inside Ferndale"
- "Ferndale, CA - An Historic Victorian-era Town"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ferndale
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ferndale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ferndale
Photos in FerndaleSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Denver Intro, 23 reviews, 20 photos
- French Polynesia 4 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sitka Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Italy Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Madrid Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Cayman Islands Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue